Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what is different between Public Section and Private Section and Protected Section?

Reply me soon........

Regards,

Suresh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member624107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Component visibility

This is one of the most important concepts of OOP, here we provided with the flexibility to

assign visibility of the class components. But before we proceed any further lets clear the

fact what do we mean by visibility of class components?

The components of a class can only be accessed through the objects but declaring the class

components in different domains, which are defined as Public Private and Protected, these

domains control the accessibility.

Public components of a class can be accessed by the objects of a class components in the

public domain are totally visible outside the class other components within the class can also

access them.

Private components cannot be accessed by the objects of the class they can only be accessed

by the members within the class i.e. any member function within the class can access the

private members thus from the point of visibility no private components are visible outside

class. The sequence of declaring the components are public protected and private.

Example

CLASS my_class DEFINITION.

PUBLIC SECTION.

METHODS: test_method.

PROTECTED SECTION.

PRIVATE SECTION.

DATA: name TYPE C.

ENDCLASS.

CLASS my_class IMPLEMENTATION.

METHOD test_method.

Write:/ ‘ this is my test method’.

ENDMETHOD.

ENDCLASS.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member386202
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can access data of Public section any where in program.

we can access data of private section only in that class in which it defined

and we can access data of protected section in that class in which it defined and

in derived class.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

<b>Public Section</b>

All of the components declared in the public section are accessible to all users of the class, and to the methods of the class and any classes that inherit from it. The public components of the class form the interface between the class and its users.

<b>Protected Section</b>

All of the components declared in the protected section are accessible to all methods of the class and of classes that inherit from it. Protected components form a special interface between a class and its subclasses. Since inheritance is not active in Release 4.5B, the protected section currently has the same effect as the private section.

<b>Private Section</b>

Components that you declare in the private section are only visible in the methods of the same class. The private components are not part of the external interface of the class.

<b>Rewar di fusefull</b>

former_member624107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Component visibility

This is one of the most important concepts of OOP, here we provided with the flexibility to

assign visibility of the class components. But before we proceed any further lets clear the

fact what do we mean by visibility of class components?

The components of a class can only be accessed through the objects but declaring the class

components in different domains, which are defined as Public Private and Protected, these

domains control the accessibility.

Public components of a class can be accessed by the objects of a class components in the

public domain are totally visible outside the class other components within the class can also

access them.

Private components cannot be accessed by the objects of the class they can only be accessed

by the members within the class i.e. any member function within the class can access the

private members thus from the point of visibility no private components are visible outside

class. The sequence of declaring the components are public protected and private.

Example

CLASS my_class DEFINITION.

PUBLIC SECTION.

METHODS: test_method.

PROTECTED SECTION.

PRIVATE SECTION.

DATA: name TYPE C.

ENDCLASS.

CLASS my_class IMPLEMENTATION.

METHOD test_method.

Write:/ ‘ this is my test method’.

ENDMETHOD.

ENDCLASS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link:

<u>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/41/7af4eca79e11d1950f0000e82de14a/content.htm</u>

Thanks

Vasudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Public Section

All of the components declared in the public section are accessible to all users of the class, and to the methods of the class and any classes that inherit from it. The public components of the class form the interface between the class and its users.

Protected Section

All of the components declared in the protected section are accessible to all methods of the class and of classes that inherit from it.

Private Section

Components that you declare in the private section are only visible in the methods of the same class.