Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete SPAM Queue.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to empty the SPAM Queue and add Support packages again. Is it possible? The reason is my SP Activation is stopped due to error. Please let me know a way to delete SPAM Queue.

Points guaranteed.

--Ragu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your SP-Import was already in an activation phase there will probably no way back. You should probably think in the direction of fixing the error and restarting the queue.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

> I want to empty the SPAM Queue and add Support

> packages again. Is it possible? The reason is my SP

> Activation is stopped due to error. Please let me

> know a way to delete SPAM Queue.

>

>

> Points guaranteed.

>

> --Ragu

SPAM Queue can be deleted by following the following steps,

1. In the initial screen of Transaction SPAM, choose Display/define. A dialog box appears that displays the current queue.

2. Choose the Delete queue icon.

But it has a catch, SAP says SPAM Queue can be deleted only if the SPAM has not yet into it's "Import 1 Module"(SPAM under goes 27phases before completion), that is when spam is in it's 10th phase you can delete the queue.

but most of the times the QUEUE can be deleted before SPAM get's in to it's IMPORT_PROPER phase that is the 19th phase.

Good luck and don't forget to give me some points if u think i was of any help.

thanx,

Niran

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1. In the initial screen of Transaction SPAM, choose Display/define. A dialog box appears that displays the current queue.

>

> 2. Choose the Delete queue icon.

>

>

> But it has a catch, SAP says SPAM Queue can be deleted only if the SPAM has not yet into it's "Import 1 Module"(SPAM under goes 27phases before completion), that is when spam is in it's 10th phase you can delete the queue.

>

>

> but most of the times the QUEUE can be deleted before SPAM get's in to it's IMPORT_PROPER phase that is the 19th phase.

>

> Good luck and don't forget to give me some points if u think i was of any help.

>

> thanx,

> Niran

Hi Niran,

I cant see any icon stating "Delete", when i click on Display/define button. I need the last pack (which went into error) removed, since I have to apply a new pack.

Regards

0 Kudos

In short You can NOT.

Especially when it sounds like you are in the middle of applying an SP.

SPs cannot be applied again.

When a problem happend during the applying of SP, SPAM pause at that step and you can fix the issue then go back to SPAM click on the execute button, SPAM will continue from where it left.

There is no easy way to roll back a partially applied SP except a restore of the system.

Besides, empty the queue, won't solve any problem that caused your SP to fail. So even if you empty the SPAM queue and re add SPs back, chances are you will still face the same problem when it comes to apply the SP that is currently giving you trouble.

Check SPAM log, SM21, ST22, etc, and fix the issue, then continue SPAM. That's how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raguraman,

Check the tablespaces using DB02 and see if they are under 90%. You have to increase tablespaces if they are over 90% usage and then apply the support packs.

I hope this helps!

tamilboy