Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete SPAM queue.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to empty the SPAM Queue and add Support packages again. Is it possible? The reason is my SP Activation is stopped due to error. Please let me know a way to delete SPAM Queue.

Points guaranteed.

--Ragu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear readers,

Please never touch the content of the control tables. This is not a solution!

In fact manipulating the content of control tables ALWAYS creates inconsistencies in the system. This makes the analysis of the problem that occured complicated, and sometimes the only solution is to use the backup and restore the system.

Therefore, always in case problems or errors occur during a SAINT or SPAM import that you cannot solve please create a message and send it to SAP, component BC-UPG-OCS.

The problem will be then analyzed and accordingly solved.

Best Regards,

Hassen Zerrouki

SAP, Software Logistics. Development Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why responded to 3 year old query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Go in se37 run below program

ocs_reset_queue

Hit F8

Give following parameter

IV_TOOL = SPAM / SAINT

IV_FORCE = X

Hit execute.

Now run SPAM or SAINT and redefine your queue.

Regards,

PC Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Oct 22, 2010 9:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PC Patel,

Thanks to your procedure, managed to solve the problem.

Thank you so much!

Sorry, my English is very bad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PC Patel

I have issue of import phase with EXPRA_EXECUTION but queue delete not possible

Go in se37 run below program

ocs_reset_queue

Hit F8

Give following parameter

IV_TOOL = SPAM / SAINT

IV_FORCE = X

Hit execute.

Now run SPAM or SAINT and redefine your queue.

so according  to ur solution solve my issue

Thanks

Regards,

Ashish Chanekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

first try to resolve the problem for aborting and let us know where the problem occured, so that if possible we can solve together

We cannot delete from PAT01 and PAT03 tables

there is function module to delete aborted support packages if there is no lock persists for those support patches

Function module: OCS_QUEUE_RESET in se37

after excuting that you need to provide the T-code SPAM

so that they will be deleted.

let me know for furher queries,

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will not suggest you to delete the SPAM Queue. Instead you can try search for sap note in the service marketplace for further solution. From my personal experince, i mostly faced the Import_Proper Phase problems where i could not delete the SPAM Queue or continue with other support package. The BEST way is to go to the IMPORT LOG to look for the error and search in SAP notes. Hope it help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls explain in detail of the SP u are trying to import and phase in which you got the error. So that i can let you the steps of correcting the same , if i know

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raguraman,

This is not good idea to do that. If you get an error, this is normal. Please let us know the error so we can help you further. I would suggest to start it again, i mean reset. It could occur when tablespaces are full. check db02 tcode.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu,

If you are sure you want to delete the SAPM queue, as far as I know you need to take care of 3 tables PAT01,PAT03,TEPSIN. Please take a backup of these tables before you make the changes.

Delete the entries in PAT01 and TEPSIN corresponding to your SPs. In PAT03 you need to change the status of the entries corresponding to your SPs to 'N'.

Hope this helps!