cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get people subscribing to my email lists?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've inserted the email subscription plugin into my theme, and it displays an empty dropdown box (which I assume is to choose which list you want to sign up for) and a text field. It's empty both when I am signed in and when I'm not. I have two contact lists set up and one campaign set up that includes both of those lists. I just can't seem to make anything show up.

On a related note, is it necessary for someone to have an account at my site in order to subscribe to my email lists?

Thanks,

Derek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derek,

As a quick check, make sure you have assigned a contact list to the theme you are using. If the theme has no assigned contact lists, the drop down will be blank. You don't have to assign an Account Type, but it is a handy feature for filtering the displayed list by account type.

A user doesn't have to be logged in to subscribe to a mailing list via the subscription block.

Regards,

Richard

Message was edited by:

Richard Haugen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've assigned it to the correct theme and it is an email list. Any other ideas why it wouldn't be pulling up anything on the homepage?

Thanks,

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you have the Active checkbox checked right?

Do you have an Account Type specified?

I just tested my local install and I have Account Type and Theme dropdowns left empty (first selection) and the Active checkbox checked and it shows up on the main slot.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

My active checkbox was checked. I had two separate lists, one as a B2B and one as a B2C and neither was showing up. I just made a new contact list that had an empty Account Type, and now it is showing up on my page. Why would the other lists not show up at all? Does someone have to be logged in and flagged as a B2C or B2B customer for the list to show up or something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you specify a specifc account type in that dropdown then only logged in users of that type should see it. If you want to test as manager set the account type to Internal.

Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check the list type .. I believe only Email lists show up in that plugin.

Steve