cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create the stock in storage bin level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all

while i am doing transfer of order it is asking that storage unit type and the material stock is not maintained in storage bin .

can anybody tell me how to maintain the stock in bin level .please help me is there any tcode for that

regards

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satish

A storage type generally contains several storage spaces or slots. These are called storage bins in Warehouse Management (WM). The storage bin is the smallest available unit of space in a warehouse. The storage bin therefore describes the position in the warehouse where the goods are or can be stored.

Since the address of a storage bin is frequently derived from a coordinate system, a storage bin is often referred to as a coordinate. The coordinate 01-02-03 for example, can refer to a storage bin in row 1, stack 2, and level 3.

You assign each storage bin to a specific warehouse number and storage type according to its location. You must also assign each storage bin to a storage section.

You can also define the following additional characteristics of a storage bin:

--> Maximum weight

--> Total capacity

--> Fire containment section

--> Storage bin type (for example, for small or large pallets)

With certain stock placement strategies, the storage bin type plays a significant role in optimizing the automatic search for a storage bin in connection with the pallet type. For example, you can define the WM putaway strategy to place large industrial pallets into a specific large bin type and smaller pallets into small bins.

<i><b>For information on how to define storage bins, call up the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Warehouse Management and see under Master Data --> Storage Bins .</b></i>

Generally speaking, you can use any combination of letters and numbers for a storage bin coordinate with the exception of certain alphanumeric characters that are used for stock placement strategy P (according to pallet or storage unit type).

When goods are placed into storage, the system selects coordinates in ascending order according to specific sort criteria, and assigns the next available storage bin based on the coordinate structure you define for creating bins.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi