cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Syndicating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody:

Now that I have imported, consolidated and syndicated manually, I'd like to automatize this last step by bath syndicating. I have the BatchSyndicator and I invoke it this way:

SyndicatorBatch -f Employees1.xml -s SARAH -p 2345 -u admin -n SyndicationFile1

As you can see the Admin user has no password 😃 it's just for demo purposes so it's ok for me, but I don't know it this has anything to do with this error message that I get:

Syndication error.

(-101) Incorrect paramenters. Specify the '-h' option for usage information.

I also seem to be missing other parameters such as the name of the agency, but for the help I get by typing BachSyndicator -h they don't seem to be required.

Does anyone know what seems to be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have omitted the –a parameter, which stand for the name of the client system.

In order to execute a syndication map, you have to specify a client system otherwise the syndicator doesn’t know which map to execute.

These two parameters are coupled together.

Regards,

Ronen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Thanks for the response. You say -a stands for the client system, you mean the Agency right? Now that error has gone and I get:

(-201) General connection error.

I could guess there's something about the login information I'm giving, is it a problem that I don't have a -w parameter as for password? if my password is blank how should I put it? I've checked and the port, server, user and Syndication file are ok

Thanks!

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro

Using the updated terminology, agency where renamed in

SP2 and are called Client System.

The password is not mandatory. if it is not set the parameter should be omitted.

First make sure that the repository is up and running,

try to logon using the Syndicator UI, and use the same connection information for the batch mode.

Second, the parameters: -s -p -u must be set in order to establish connection, if it still does not work for you append the –r parameter for login language.

Regards,

Ronen

Message was edited by: Ronen Cohen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Thanks for the clarification about naming =). On the other hand, I can't get it to connect yet. This is how I write the command:

SyndicatorBatch -s SARAH -p 2345 -u admin -n SyndicationFile1 -a DataSourceMDM -f Employees1.xml

The order of the parameters seems to be ok, and I've checked the repository is up and running. Just to clarify, the server, port and user are from the MDM server, not the SQL server right? are names case sensitive?

The repository name doesn't seem to be necessary, I guess MDM knows by the port number right?

Thanks a lot for your help

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ronen suggested include the -r option for the language - but be careful with the syntax, since the sample syntax in the help ( -h option) will not work (instead of 'English [US]' try "English [US]" ). (also the -a option if you noticed is missing in the sample command line help - this help will probably be corrected in future releases).

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your replies... Again, this is my exact syntax:

SyndicatorBatch -f Employees1.xml -s SARAH -p 2345 -u admin -a DataSourceMDM -n SyndicationFile1 -r "English [US]"

I did leave a blank between English and [US], since I had that problem when trying to connect to MDM by Java API. but I keep getting this error

(-201) General connection error.

Mmm if I change the port number (for something like 234234) the error changes too, saying the parameters are not correct. This leads me to think that It's kinda connecting but for some reason the actual connection is refused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your observations are correct user is case sensitive if you define it with capital “A”, this is how you should write it in the batch mode.

Regards,

Ronen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I've pass all the errors and it seems to be connecting... but now it stays there, frozen, I was wondering, if as the -n parameter indicating the syndication to be completed, should I reference any saved syndication inside MDM syndicator, or I should explort it as a -syn file and use that file as my -n parameter.

Thanks for your help

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SyndicatorBatch

-f Employees1.xml (Name of the export file)

-s SARAH (Name of the MDS Server where the repository is loaded)

-p 2345 (Port number for the loaded repository)

-u admin (User name for logging into the repository -- case sensitive)

-a DataSourceMDM (Name of the client system --agency)

-n SyndicationFile1 (Name of the syndication map stored in the repository to be executed)

-r "English [US]" (language --optional)

Hope this helps,

Ronen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

thanks it did work... it says "Syndication Complete" however, I've learned that the -f parameter, the filename, should be a dir somewhere in the pc, I mean, not just Employees.xml, but c:\Employees.xml for instance.

Thanks everyone!

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Alejandro,

Usually if you don’t specify a full path the export file will be created in the same folder from which you executed the batch,

Please check it out.

Ronen

Answers (0)