cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out SC's under DC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to know whether there is any easy way to find SC's under DC's. We had to find out under which component does com.sap.security.api.sda exists.

We used SDM and tried each and ever component and finally found out it exists in SAP-JEECOR.

I'm looking for some application or help which tell us that this component has these applications. I know that we can see it in NWDS but unless we upload the component into Track we cannot see them.

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Regular I'm facing the same issue, so these tips come in handy. Tnx!

I have an additional question regarding this issue. How to find out in which DC a specific class is found? For example I'm currently implementing a portal DC and want to use some navigation classes (e.g. INavigationNode) but can not find the DC they are in and thus not the SC.

Does anyone know an easy way to find this out, in general for class X or specific for the navigation classes?

Tnx a lot. Regards,

Christophe

AndreyH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

there is no easy way for that

you may use any available <b>indexing engine</b> from TREX to Windows or Google desktop search - let them index the content of hard drive and support you in the research of SAP worlds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christophe,

for this issue use the eclipse plugin "classlocator" and let it build the index on your workspace, where your NWDI sync libs are located or the plugin folder of your eclipse, if you do not develop on top of nwdi.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/classlocator/

regards, Jens

AndreyH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Normally you may found DC to SC mapping in <b>AS System Information</b>

Approximate way to get there:

Start with AS start page -> system information -> components

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As far as I know there is no such application exists, the best way is look into NWDS. Most of the used dc will be under jtech,dibuild or jee. I think hardly it will take a min to find out used dc under which SC.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i've got a very simply way to find these. Just go into your jspm-inbox (normaly unter usr/sap/trans/EPS/in) folder then open the *.SCA files with winrar (or search).

As you can see in the following screen shot, i could found de security_api.sda in the SAPJEECOR11 (11 means SP11)

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sapj2eecor11nu1.jpg

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also just open the base SC's in the Active DCs window of NWDS and browse through that list.

Alternatively, you can sync all base SC's in your NWDS and then use a filesystem search. The path location will reveal the SC.