cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I am an FI guy with just a little experience in SD. I am interested in finding out the best way to resolve the following issue that we have..

We accidentally found that for a certain material/customer combination we are maintaining a wrong price as well as a duplicate condition type in the condition records (vk13). The customer has rejected those invoices and we need to re-send the invoices with correct prices.

I know we have to correct the condition types as a first step. But what should our plan of action, in resending the invoices with correct amounts. Also, is there a way to find all the invoices which were affected due to this mistake in the condition record ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai kishan,

if u working on ECC 5.0 or ECC 6.0 it is better to opt for invoice correction

request. it is not possible to create returns and issue credit memo. u can create

credit memo request with reference to billing document.

regards

sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not on ECC 5.0 or 6.0.

Thanks for your reply. I sent the request to the Order to cash team and they will do the needful. But thanks for updating.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kishan

First of all in VK13, the validity periods (valid on and valid to) will be the key factor in fetching prices in all your billing documents. If you are amending the price for any particular item through VK11, by default, the "<i>Valid on</i>" field will change to the date on which you are amending which means, your old price will be in records but not hold good.

Your plan of action can be as follows:-

Go to <b>VTFL</b>, select the combination of billing type and your delivery type, double click "<i>Item</i>" tab on your left side. Now you can see a list of item categories. Select the required item category which you are using for all those billings done. Click the blue lens on top left.

Now you will see a screen wherein there is a field "<b>Pricing Type</b>". In general, this would be "<b>G</b>". Change this to "<b>B</b>" so that irrespective of your order rate, whatever you are maintaining in VK13, that rate will fetch to your billing.

Once you do this, you have to go to VF02, give the billing document in which you want to change the unit price. Go to condition tab. On the bottom left, you will see "<i>Update</i>" button. Click that so that a screen will appear. Double click "B" on that so that your unit price will be changed. You can now send the same to customer.

These changes you can do <b>ONLY</b> if no accounting documents generated for the said billing.

If accounting documents were generated, you need to issue credit note to the customer for the respective customer to set right your accounting entries.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Possible plan of action:

1.Correct pricing condition records.

2.Create returns(return order-credit memo) and re-bill(new sales order and new invoice document) the customer.

3.Z report needs to be developed to find the sales order/invoices that have duplicate condition records

Steps 2 & 3 can be inter-changed, i.e, first develop a report to identify such invoices and then create returns and re-bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yatish and Lakshmipathi

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I will have to correct the pricing records and create returns and then create the new billing docs, as the documents in question have already been passed to accounting.

Lakshmipathi: Thank you for providing the info on the workaround when the documents are not passed to accounting.