cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Bad Data in ODS we need to remove.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using BW 3.5 we are extracting data from Oracle tables and loading the data in ODS' and Info Cubes.

I discovered that in our processing last week we missing some rows of some tables, but not others and I need to remove the data loaded last week so we can reprocess last weeks data again.

We have 2 oracle tables: POLICY and COVERAGE

Using DB Connect we first bring in POLICY and Full load to a ODS (ZPOLICY).

Second using DB Connect we bring in COVERAGE with a Full load to a ODS (ZCOVERAGE), only in these Update rules we have routines that read some information from ZPOLICY.

What happened is that for a unknown reason, the read from POLICY only read about 1/2 the rows, but all of the COVERAGE data was read in. This resulted in some of the ZCOVERAGE ODS fields missing the data read from ZPOLICY.

The data in the ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE was then used to Delta update a third ODS Policy Coverage (ZPOLCOV).

What would be the best way to back out of the bad data from all 3 ODS'??

My method was to delete the requests from the ODS', however I must have done something wrong, since I am now receiving:

"Last delta incorrect. A repeat must be requested. This is not possible" messages.

I believe I removed the requests first from ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE, before ZPOLCOV.

I was able to bring the data into ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE without a problem, however I am unable to get ZPOLCOV to process.

I keep receive messages complaining about today's requests.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can delete the faulty request in the third ODS Policy Coverage (ZPOLCOV).

Now go the other 2 ODS and in the relevant request there will be one column (3rd from left)for data mart status of the request, click on that icon in the request and you will get a pop up, there press the delete button, this is delete the delta load status to the third ODS, do this for both the policy and coverage ODS.

You should delete the faulty request from ODS ZCOVERAGE and reconstrict the same.

After this load the data from the policy and coverage ODS to the ZPOLCOV ODS by right clicking on the respective ODS and selecting the option "update ODS data in Data Target"

Assign points if useful

Regards

Venkata Devaraj !!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata

Thanks for the answer. To summarize:

1) Delete request from the Data Target ODS ZPOLCOV.

2) Go into ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE ODS and Manage these. Within both of those click on the "Data Mart Status of the Request".

• This does not do anything for me. No pop up window comes up?

3) Delete the faulty request from ZCOVERAGE ODS.

• Is this is the "Delete Request ID from ODS Objects" button on the Requests tab of the "Manage Data Targets" window I assume?

• I would want to do this also for ZPOLICY since I would want to reread the ZPOLICY data again since while the data was correct, it was missing rows and it is a lot easier to re-extract everything than try to pull again.

4) <you didn't add this> Reload data to ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE from Oracle.

• this is important since the whole reason for the issue is that ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE contained incomplete data.

• Is this what you meant by the statement "You should delete the faulty request from ODS ZCOVERAGE and reconstrict the same."?

5) Load the data from ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE to ZPOLCOV by right clicking on ZPOLICY and ZCOVERAGE and selecting the option "update ODS data in Data Target"

• Why would I use this method as opposed to running the Info Packages or the Process chain?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Andrew