cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 2.0 messages vs XI 3.0 (or PI 7.0) Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it true that webMethods - using their XI Adaptor - is only capable of sending XML message in XI 2.0 format ?

In our PI 7.0, when creating an communication channel of the type of "XI adapter", the only choice i have is XI 3.0 message protocole ....

Thank in advance !

MOsborne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked these link and it does not say anything about if webMethods is able or not to digest an XML payload using XI Adaptor message protocol 3.0 ...

We have tried it and we are getting java.null.lang error in the webMethods stack.

Any one has been able to connect XI with webMethods using their XI Adaptor ?

Thank !

A+

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is an Article on SDN by Mr.Abhy Thomas regarding integration of webmethods with XI,have a look at that and hopefully it should solve your query

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10748ef7-b2f0-2910-7cb8-c81e7f28...

I had a look at it ... p.23 ... His Receiver CC is using the XI 2.0 message protocol

I am looking for using the XI 3.0 message protocol.

Thank anyway Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

well answering your question,as of now only XI Protocol 2.0 is supported in the current version of WM's XI Adapter.

have a look at the below blog and see if it helps

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what i was looking for

Thank a bunch !

MOsborne

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

For PI 7.1 While using XI adaptor you will have option for Message protocol as XI 2.0 which can handle your web method request.Just select it from there. It is present for both HTTP 1.0 and HTTPS 1.0

Thanks

Gaurav Bhargava