cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receving Email from auto reaction method??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am not getting any email from auto reaction method. plz help.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now that is showing yellow in rz20 but not email yet. I have one qeustion, under the properties and methods, what comparison value mean?

there are 6 values.

1. Last reported value

2. Averave in the last hour

3. Average in the last quater of an hour

4. smoothing over last 1 min.

5. smoothing over last 5 min.

6. smoothing over last 15 min..

mine set to number 6.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mine is also 15 and it works fine. For trouble shooting auto reaction check note 939616

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey prince,

It was a good note. 939616

Thanks man!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did, I have deleted all zmethods. I dont understand why...

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI prince,

One more strange thing i found. when I go to sost, emails are waiting there. so the latest one was 12:58 PST. but when I clicked to display, It showing on top " on 11/28/2007 03:57:04. is that mean I am getting emails which I should have recieved at that time morning?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Hill & Prince,

I have deleted everything from rz20, deleted zsets, and from rz21, deleted zmethods. I have cancelled jobs related to ccms. but now, every minute, I am receiving emails. how to stop them?

Plz help!

Thaks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to delete the auto-reaction assignment from RZ21

thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Hill & Prince,

David, Thanks for helping. I had checked " Only incentral system, triggered by CCMS agent" but It didnt work. Yesterday, when I was about to leave from work, I changed to "Periodically in backgound process (as job)" and I got emails from solman. but again, I dont understadn one thing. Why emails started comming so late? It started this morning at 3. am.

Prince & David Hill,

Any idea why I got email so late and when I got, it was like 500 emails because I changed my treshold to very low.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prince,

Nothing yet lol... My sendmail job runs every 3min... I have set some threshold values very low like if cpu utilization is 8% send yellow. infact my utilization is more/less than 8-9 %.. I just changed it again. let c if i get any emails..

THanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

Question for you?... Do I need to setup SCOT in satellite system too? It is configured in SOLMAN with periodic job.....

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Central auto reaction to work ( send mail) , you have to configure SCOT in SOLMAN , it is not required to configure in satellite system .. Do you see anything in SOST of Solman ?

Thanks

Prince Jose

Message was edited by:

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prince,

Thanks for your response. Yes the dispatching is active and run in bg every 20 mins. I dont nkow what else could it be. I am working on it playing with values as you said threshld values. I was thinking the samething. But i have changed and it's been I think more than 10 minz, and I have changed to very stupid low values so I can get emails. No emails yet. Should I wait for the job to run? is that job collects all alerts and sends to us?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI prince,

Under methods Tab,

Data collection method: CCMS_Cpu_collect_c

Auto-reaction method: Z_SENDMAIL

Analysis method: CCMS_OS_Analyze

Thanks,

I hope you can catch my wrong work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so the auto reaction is on , in this case depending on the thrshold you should receive mail from Solman.

so you copied method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2_Central or CCMS_OnAlert_Email to Z_SENDMAIL ?

have you checked /people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/05/03/solution-manager-cen-and-alerting-configuration-guide-for-dummies ?

also the activate the background dispatching ?

Thanks

prince jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

When I go to RZ20, chose my zset, satellite system. Expend other objects, view >> method allocation. It shows zmethod.

Also when I go to view>> status autoreaction, It shows checked.

This what it looks like for perticularly CPU.

<b>CPU_Utilization</b> <b>Z_METHOD</b> <b>[Central Authoreaction]</b> <b>CHECKED</b> <b>READY</b> <b> (00/00/0000 , 00:00:000)</b>

Does it look right? or somthng wrong?

Thanks,

I appreciate your help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt understand this , just select the CPU_Utilization and click on properties button ( <shift+F7> and look under method

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already had posts out there. anyways, here is the problem. I have configured ccms agent in satellite system ( ECC6) where in solution manager, is sees agent registered perfectly fine. I have check (rz21). Also, when I went to rz20, I have created my own Z. monitor set and I chose satellite system ecc system. then one of the monitoring, "dialog" i check marked and clicked properties to assign method. I have assign Zmethod.

little informatino about how I have created zmethod.

I went rz21, under method, clicked display..... Chose CCMS_OnAlert_Email and I copied and named it to Z..... after that, DOUBLE CLICK, on

control tab, checked the first one" Periodicly dialog."

Parameter tab: Sender: my own user which also exists in 000 cl..

RECIPIENT-TYPEID - U and sent to my address.

so basically, when I go to rz20, I see there many reds in ecc systems but never got an email. I have email setup in solution manager.

I would appreicate your answer.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afi,

Check the following link and make sure you did all the setting

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/05/03/solution-manager-cen-and-alerting-configuration-guide-for-dummies

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/26/ccms-rule-based-monitors-configuration-guide-for-dummies

In RZ20 you have to assign autoreaction for every MTE that you want to monitor.

eg : If you want to minitor the CPU utilization of your satellite system ( assumeing you did assign the auto reaction for this in solution manager , RZ21 -->Technical Infrastructure --> Configure central system --> Assign Centrtal auto reactions --> from the screen select , system id ( satellite system id ) --> MTE Class ( here CPU_Utilization) --> Define central auto reaction ( select zmethod ) --> click on Assign central auto reaction )

RZ20 --> your minitor set --> select the system ( satellite) --> <SID>\<hostname>_SID_XX ( something like this dont remember ) --> OperatingSystem --> CPU --> select CPU_Utilization and Clik properties --> Make sure you see the auto reaction ( your case zmethod) under Method --> Auto-reaction method . If auto reaction isnt defiened for the MTE class it dosent send any mail.

Also check SCOT/SOST and see whether alert mail shows there , if yes then its a problem with mail cnfiguration

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

If you haven't already done so change the Control tab to "Only in central system, triggered by CCMS agents".

Make sure you have selected "Auto reaction method" on the Release tab.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How come we know why you are not getting the email, unless you point some error/scenario or atleast wht you have done. There could be 'n' reasons for not getting mail.

Please explain so that you could get positive responses immediately. I could see you as an active member of SDN.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu