cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied Error - Please Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my situation. I am using an anonymous user to access an page with a bunch of iviews on it. The iview all show appropriately. However, in the Result Set iview, there is a link on one of the columns that is shown (in this case it is called "Submittal").

When I click the link to open the document (a pdf), I get an error:

<b>

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :
iView : N/A
Component Name : N/A

Access denied (Object(s): com.sap.portal.system/security/sap.com/NetWeaver.Portal/low_safety/com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews/components/ObjectServer).
Exception id: 10:45_20/11/07_0002_15350950
See the details for the exception ID in the log file

</b>

I tried altering the safety for this component to low, and even none, but none of those work. If I log into the portal, the document shows fine, it just seems to be for the anonymous user that it doesn't have access.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this error? Points will be awarded.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also add the roles which contain the iviews to the anonymous users group.

Regards,

Ankit

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure that all the pages, which should be

displayed to an anonymous user have permissions, Anonymous Users Group is added

Security zones - if you go to System Administration -> Permissions ->Security Zones -> com.sap.nw.wpc -> wpc -> no_safety and you open the

permissions of this object, the Anonymous Users group must be added in

the list.

Check SAP Note 837898.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help. I actually had to do two things: I had to make the change in the security zones, and I had to add AuthScheme=anonymous to the portalapp.xml file (since the component was not calling a specific iview I had to set it here).

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

where do u see portal.xml file how did you did the steps would you send me complete steps and what componenet I need to click

Former Member
0 Kudos

where did you find this component?

If you can then alter it to no_safety

Also if you get an option to change authentication scheme, set it to anonymous