cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection pooling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to allow customers the ability to view their account online, the customers are currently internet users created via transaction SU05.

These customers may but goods from us, but not at a p rofit, we are a local authority in the uk.

Is it possible to create a SAP connection string that log's an SU05 ( internet user ) into SAP for the purpose of calling a BAPI...?

or is it possible to create a connection pool and re-use that pool... for example we may simply want to show a dynamic list of prices for items obtained in real time from SAP - before a user would log in...?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't use a SU05 user to connect to SAP over the connector. Users defined with SU05 are not fully qualified SAP users and make only sense to some specifical applications in conjunction with ITS.

Regardless of how your web application authenticates the internet user, you always need an "real" user to make the connection to SAP.

Regards,

Guangwei

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi wrighnick

unfortunately I don't fully undestand your request. Can you please explain it a bit more in detail?

Thanks,

NCoder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I've taken so long to get back

An example would be a .NET web service that returns someone's account details i.e. a list of orders bought, out what payments have been made on their account or a real-time catalogue where prices must be current.

You could set a username and password in the connection string, but I'm a little bit worried about the number of simultaneous connections you could have, doing something this way.

How scalable would this be?

How many connections could you possibly have?

Are there any limitations?

We want to be able to render this data through content syndication. So for example it might by a user of another site getting the latest prices.

Regards