cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up MTE with ccms AGENT: EMAIL/ALERT not received????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have setup MTE on ECC using solution manager. I have configured CCMS agent successfully. Now, I have assigned Method, but I dont see any emails are going. I did see that there are red high lighted error in rz20 in ecc system. Please help!!

Thanks,

I will reward points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afi,

One quick qeustion on this - are you doing an OnAlertEmail on a local MTE or is this on a system other than the Solution Manager? This does make a difference as you can only react like this from the Solution Manager if the MTE is local to your Solution Manager. If it is a remote MTE, then you need to configure Central Auto Reaction, configure SAPCCMSR or SAPCCM4X agents on remote systems. There are more details on this but in short, CCMS without the SAPCCMSR agents are just RFC connections to remote systems - so the OnAlertEmail probably did work on the remote system if the MTE is not local.

If this answers your question, please set this thread to answered.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to configure mails in client 000 of your central monitoring system:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramach,

Onalert_Email will work. There are two kinds. One more local and other for remote. Just select the rigth one.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To succeed follow the Note:455140 setting up mail connect in SAP.

Briefly:

1.Active SMTP node in SCOT.In that optios click node for minutes and give rule i.e., *.com etc.

2.Schedule back ground job periodically foe 2 min.

3.Set up the default domain fqdn.com

4.Activate the SMTP port number.For HP-UX better use ports 25000 or 25001.

For E mail notification

1.Please assign the ccmc_online_alert_online to the particular node and modify the method as explained in the note.

Thanks,

Sagar Askani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In solution manager 4.0. through (CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01) standard smartform the mail is triggered to SuperUser and EndUser..,

and mail comes as a attachment ..The attachment name is

service Transaction m/ssge.pdf.. which comes under the subject field in mail...now my problem is ,i want the message number(ticket no. for particular super or enduser along with the description of that particular message) in place of name of the .pdf name that is service Transaction m/ssge.

Inside the pdf

short text(description) of particular message is coming ..

how can i do this.. for example:

9922101-from system_server.pdf

for anotehr message no.:

9922102-from development_server.pdf

9922101 is the message no. and system_sever is description of 9922101 message no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses, I think I was not a bit clear. This is not a solution manager I am trying to configure this functionality on. This is a BW 3.5 system, does this mean that the Onalert_Email will not work?. Please let me know what to do next

Thanks!

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Milliken,

yes I am using ccms4x and as well as RFC's.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poornima Ramach... ,

Yes, your user id should have access to client 000.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configred everything in client 000?

1. dispather....etcc job in 000

2. ccms job 000

3. your scot mail job 000

4. your account exists in 000.

those are the things are important.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

All the pointers you mentioned are taken care off in 000 except my user id in 000. Does this matter?

Thanks in advance!

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How long is it been since you setup? have you looked at rz20 and played with threshold values?

Please provide detail how did you setup?

May be i can help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response, the RZ20 threshold values were already set before I started looking into it. All I tried to do was to see if the alerts can be converted into email notifications. This functionality will be very helpful, no I have not played with the threshold values. Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue too , in RZ21 CCMS_OnAlert_Email has been set to myname@domain.com

Recipient Type is U. But still no emails even after the fact that the CCMS triggers an alert. I know for sure that it is not working since I do not see anything entries for this under SOST. Please advise.

-Thanks,

Poornima

Edited by: Poornima Ramachandra on Feb 12, 2008 9:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And main thing is you have to create a user with maintaining mail id in 000 client and add that in the method assignment tab i.., in properties add sender and give the created user id.Dont forget to give sufficient authorizations and maintain one RFC from the client from where you want to send the mails to 000 vice versa.

Thanks,

Sagar Askani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

I have similar issue as well. Could you explian a lilttle more on authorizations (both for SENDER and RECIEVER) and the RFC destinations you were talking about.

Thanks,

Vishnu