cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. F5151 - Incorrect doc.no.: A01. Select doc no. x00 to x99

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though i created a new number range with external assignment (0600000000 and 0699999999), I am still getting this error. Any solution suggested?

<u><i><i><b>Quote:</b></i></i></u>

Incorrect doc.no.: 300000001. Select document number between 0600000000 and 0699999999

Message no. F5151

Diagnosis

The document number you specified, "&v1", is not in the appropriate number range. The number range is dependent on the document type.

The exception to this rule is formed by recurring entry documents, which must use number range 'X1' and sample documents, which must use number range 'X2'.

Possible reasons for this error message are:

You have entered an incorrect document number.

An incorrect document number was transferred to this application during an update from another application (e.g. CO).

System Response

The document cannot be processed any further.

Procedure

Enter a document number that is within the specified number interval.

If this error was caused by an update from another application, check the type of number assignment in that application (external or internal?) as well as the document number transferred.

Example

In the CO settlement profile, a document type with external number assignment was entered, whereas an internal document number was transferred.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi San,

you create a number range: 0600000000 and 0699999999. And you want to post with document number 300000001. So why wonder that it is not working???

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric Cartman;

The system automatically pics up document number 300000001 which is number range for previous year in same Company Code for Doc type ZF. I believe it is a program Error by SAP. Some reading show that I may have to install some OSS notes. Nut no Idea which one!!!

Thanks!

San

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for which fiscal year do you want to post?

what are the complete document number settings for document tyope ZF? I understand there is something like:

0600000000 0699999999 9999

but I believe there should be another line valid for the year you want to post to. If yes, you have to remove that line and it will be OK.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asset values are summarized for various account groups in one document. <b>Document number assignment is external</b>. You have to enter the document type in Customizing for Asset Accounting.

Check the document type assigned under SPRO>Financial Accounting>Asset Accounting>Integration with General Ledger>Post APC values periodically to General Ledger>Specify Document Type for Periodic Posting of Asset Values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar:

For that company code doc Type ZF already assigned for the Per. Dep. Posting whose no range: 06 9999 0600000000 0699999999 with ext no assignment. Thank you for all your efforts!!

San

Message was edited by:

San

null

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not depn. posting but APC value. Please advise what is the doc. type assigned in the above referred SPRO path.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

murlidhar_khatri2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have observed this issue being discussed in community in multiple threads and looks like no resolution is updated so far. I have faced same issue recently and this has been resolved by reset number range buffer in transaction SM56. I hope this can be helpful for others in case of similar issue.

Thanks!

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the document number assigned to the document type, given in the settlement profile. Remove check box indicating external reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar:

Sorry, in my first post, I did not explain you in details. I am running ASKBN, the new APC values posting program RAPERB2000. The programm is not being exicuted and it shows the above error Message no. F5151. Using Notes 719105, I have created a new individual document number interval (06), which has an external number range assignment for which fiscal year 9999 is assigned. The new number range I have created is 600000000 to 699999999 for document type ZF. Still the error sustains. Previously ZF was signed to 300000000 to 399999999.

Thank you!

San

Message was edited by:

San