cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Customer Reconciliation Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some assistance in verifying the steps for changing Recon account for a group of customers.

Scenario. We have a group of customers (about 60) who have postings to them. Some of the posting are open and some are cleared. We need to change the reconciliation account on these customers. We are running under ECC 6.0

I know how to change the reconciliation account on the customer. That is not a problem. The problem comes with handling the open and cleared items already posted to these customers.

I believe that at some point in time I need to run trans F101. In order to run this transaction I need to define an adjustment account using transaction OBBW. One of my questions here is do I define this as an adjustment account for both the old and the new reconciliation account or for just the old reconciliation account.

Now most of my questions relate to:

1. What are the steps required in order to run F101(FAGLF101 for 6.0)?

2. Is there something that I will need to do each month or will this be a one time situation only for me?

3. Will/are there any special steps required for clearing the open items once the reconciliation accounts have been changed?

4. Is there anything else (any gotcha’s) that I should be aware of?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Greg Brown

FI/CO Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

the thread you sent me answers part of my questions (namely the fact that I need multiple recon adjustment accounts and the basic steps for executing F101 (FAGLF101).

However, with regards to my other questions, here is what I am interpreting from the thread.

1. Is there something that I will need to do each month or will this be a one time situation only for me?

<b>Assumed answer:</b> I will need to run this every month until the balance of the old recon account for the customers in question is zero.

2. Will/are there any special steps required for clearing the open items once the reconciliation accounts have been changed?

<b>Assumed answer:</b> Apparently not. I will clear the old items (posted but not cleared at the time I changed the recon account) from the old recon account; clear new items (posted and cleared after I change the recon account) for the customer for the new recon account.

Am I correct on this?

Any additional help that you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

Greg Brown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the new GL?