cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portal for IC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning for the implementation of Interaction center with CRM.

1. Can anyone please give inputs of the best way making this feature web enabled?

2. Is it beneficial to use SAP Netweaver EP over Microsoft SharePoint Portal.

3. Can you please provide some information or guides to integrate the Portal with the Interaction center in crm.

4. Also can you please give information on the factors that need to be considered for implementing the portal technology from maintainence perspective.

Thanks for your help

-Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

1. Use the IC web client if you want a web enabled interaction center interface.

2. In the long run you are better off using EP with CRM, however you can use other portals but may face some integration issues. The netweaver EP 7.0 supports federated portals, so you could integrate it with your SharePoint Portal.

3. Look at the installation guides on service marketplace for CRM. You will find instructions on installing the business packages for CRM and portal.

4. If you plan on developing java application in the portal, you will need a java development infrastructure for your portal system. If you only plan doing development in CRM(BSP), then you will not need anything beyond a standard portal landscape. The portal for CRM acts a "content" aggreator, and does not really contain any of the business logic.

If you need further explanation or have further questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

That was very informative. Thank you.

So can you eplain me from your past experiences which is the best option to move forward when it comes for customised applications (like customer information reports, service history reports, status reports,..etc) in the sap portal - BSP or web dynpro?

Also you mentioned that CRM acts as a "content" aggregator, can you please elaborate on this please and if possible can you send me related documents or links to my email id mms4777@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Mike

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

Depends on whether you have java or abap resources available. Personally you can do either and it really depend on your resources of your project. For reporting you should look at BI and the web reporting toolset, that integrates with the portal. You can create reports in BI and publish them on the EP.

I personally don't e-mail documents as most materials are publicly available either in the "wiki" or service.sap.com. It's not a good idea to put your e-mail address down in the forums as people can spam it.

You might also want to consider a subscription to CRM expert online. There are some excellent articles from a strategy based perspective regarding CRM and portal. The link for it is http://www.crmexpertonline.com. I don't work for them, but have a subscription and recommend the information contained there as a reference.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (0)