cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Data from BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's,

I find myself in a situation where I have to delete master data for 0employee. Does this mean, that I will have to initialize my delta loads?

In order to delete master data, I have to delete the transactional data as well correct?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"In order to delete master data, I have to delete the transactional data as well correct? " : Yes, that is correct. But if you just need to change some values, they will be overwritten during load, or can be changed manually as well.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been reporting EEO information using code set EEO-1. We are now switching to EEO-4. Are you saying that I do not have to delete all the master data, just the master data affected by this change?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can't delete data from MD without delete data From Transaction Data.First u should delete data from Data Target after delete data from MD.

Deleting data from Data target:

1.In context menu of Infocube(acc structure,data)

2.Data Target Manage(selective deletion acc to Infoobjects,Requests)

3.Info package ->data target tab->Small check box data targer data deletion.

4.Using SE14

If u want to load data with same request use Repair full request in scheduler menu & Auto option in data target tab in Infopackage.

Regards,

M.V.laxmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an easier way to delete the data. I can go into the affected object and maintain the masterdata. Since there are only 3 InfoObjects affected, and a minimal amount of master data that needs to be deleted, this is the route we took.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try deleting master data via transaction SE14 without deleting transaction data.

Tharanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Untill and unless you delete data from MD tables for ex P table Q table, data wont get deleted from it as far as the transaction data deletion is concerned i dont think that after deletion of MD data you need to delete transaction data because if you delete the MD data the only affect you will have is you wont get the attributes value of MD which are coming from the MD and as soon as you load master data again you will find the values in the report

hope it helps you

thanks

puneet