cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi dimensional modelling

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wanted to check on the following.

Lets say you have a multi provider which consists of 5 Key figures, 10 characteristics and is provided by 4 cubes.

If one of the key figure is available in all 4 cubes and is assigned from all 4 cubes. What do you see in a report in the case that you have a record which has different values for the same key figure? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can diferentiate that in reporting.

in the multiprovider you can select/identify i.e you can check the relevant key figures and chars. Also you when you check all you can filter in respective keyfigures and chars using 0INFOPROV available in data package dimension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat,

Not clear.

KF1 is in cube 1 to 2 in the multiprovider definition it is assigned to all 5 cubes

If the value of KF1 in cube 1 is 10 cube 2 is 20 for Plant ABCD

and I see my data by plant which is also identified for both cubes what will the report show me if I report by Plant ABCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niten,

In the multiprovider, in the identification tab you will check the Plant Io and in the selection tab you will check the KF1.

Now in the report, for the plant ABCD, if you want to see the KF1 from cube1, you will restrict 0INFOPROV with cube1 and if you want to see KF1 of cube2, you will restrict 0INFOPRV with cube2.

0INFOPROV is used to differantaite the same values from different infoproviders.

So when you have plant ABCD in rows and have two columns;

First column you have KF1, the IO 0INFOPROV restricted with cube1, it will give the result 10.

Second column you have KF1, 0INFOPROV restricted with cube2, it will give the result 20.

The result will be as below"

PLANT ABCD - 10 - 20.

Like this you can restrict teh same key figure with different infoproviders to fetch values from respective infoproviders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect! Thanks for that - points assigned

Answers (0)