cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap XSLT Exception block messages in SMQ2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I have a XSLT ABAP transformation calling some ABAP objects and it's working well. I just need to handle some applications exceptions.

I wrote an ABAP Class that raise an exception in this way:

RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE cx_mapping_fault

EXPORTING

error_text = l_error.

The problem is that the message appears canceled in SMQ2 and I need to show the error status in the Integration Engine

I have tried with the <xsl:message>:

<xsl:message terminate="yes">Error</xsl:message>

But it didn't work. Exception isn't thrown in the Integration Engine. The message status is processed successfully.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Yuván>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any idea about how to raise an exception from a XSLT ABAP without lock the SMQ2.

Thanks for your help.

Yuvan.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvan,

Are you using BPM for this scenario? I beleive since you are catching the exception properly, the message is set to cancelled in SMQ2. If you are using BPM and using this mapping inside of the BPM, then BPM can catch the exception that you are throwing. From there you can take appropriate action. Other wise, you have to create an alert and them trigger it from RWB configuration to shoot out a mail for the exception.

VJ

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternative is to create an alert to be thrown for cancelled ...messages i believe there are several standard alert parameters for that

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VJ,

Thanks for your answer. I'm not using BPM in this scenario. I don't understand why messages that throw some exception in XSLT ABAP lock SMQ2. Because this doesn't happen when I use an ABAP-CLASS or message mapping as mapping programs. The lock is just using XSLT ABAP.

Is this normal...?....is there anyway to avoid the lock and change the status to error in the integration engine..?

Regards.

Yuvan,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

The alerts I have work fine for messages with errors. Do you know how can I configure an alert for cancelled messages.

Regards.

Yuvan.