Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plz: meaning of this sentence : MDM works out of box with sap BI component

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please explain me what is the meaning of :

SAP MDM works out of box with sap BI component .

Message was edited by:

akhil k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankyou very much all . i am attending all mdm sessions in this teched which is going on . i may come up with some more doubts , please bear with me

thanks

akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi akhil,

In lines to what Simona has said, I would like to mention that SAP MDM is a different tool altogether and functions out of the box with SABP BI.

Talking a bit about the integration scenarios, SAP MDM SP04 is integrated with SAP BI 3.5 as two different tools where MDM behaves as a different tool altogether and imports the data from BI and cleanses it and then syndicates it back to BI.

In the latest integration scenario, some part of MDM can be handled from Bi itself. i.e. We can connect to the MDM SP05 Repository from BI 7.0. But still the data cleansing, deduplication is exclusively done in MDM. Hence MDM works out of the box with SAP Bi component.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Nice to see your keeness to understand MDM .

As for MDM this is a tool which works outside the box itself as MDM is known as the data hub.Its main function is to integrate with severals systems and cleanse their master data and provide them with a single version of truth with which their systems can function appropiately.

In the BI-MDM scenario MDM works out side the box because these two sytems are different BI is ABAP based and MDM is C++ based still MDM can talk to this sytem provide cleansed data in the form it requires.

You can go through the link given above to know the MDM BI integration in depth.

Hoped it helped

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil

Yes, SAP MDM Works out of box with SAP BI Componenent.

Please go through this link U will get Good knowledge On BI /MDM Integration

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/connectivity-BI-MDM+Integration

If u need any more regarding this let me know.

Regards

Hari