Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter missing xml encoding header

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using a SOAP adapter but the

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

header is missing when XI sends data. Is there any way to configure the SOAP adapter in order to include this header? Can this be made using a XSLTrasformation? How am I supposed to do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented web service scenarios successfully using the soap adapter without the xml encoding header you are referring to. May I know why you need it?

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because I need to connect to a web service coded in VB6.0 using the Microsoft SOAP Toolkit, and if this header is not present the request it won't process anything at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to SOAP specification, the xml declaration is an optional part of the soap request. The soap request is generated by the soap adapter based on the wsdl and we do not have much control over what the adapter generates apart from the checkboxes we see in the communication channel configuration. I have not seen any configuration setting so far that would add the declaration.

If there is no such setting (let us hope someone else has seen some setting ), we could do is to escalate it to SAP as an interoperability requirement. (also we could extend the soap adapter by using a custom module)

Message was edited by: Suresh Balasubramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain me how to make a custom module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a document to create adapter modules https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-code-samples... to develop a module for reading file name in a sender file adapter xi 3.0.pdf