cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Categories...............PM Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Here are the list of some the value categories............. Do tell whether these are default values or not ?? And Man power cost (Planned & Actual ) wll hit w/c Value category:::

Stores and Spares-Ind

Stores and Spares-Imp

Relining material - Ind

Relining material - Imp

Refractory Material - Ind

Refractory Material - Imp

Refurbished Spare

Packing - Stores and Spares

Stationary - Store and Sp

EDP - Store and Spare

Welfare - Store and Spare

Furnace Oil

Relining material - new

transportation

Labour charges

Machinery hire

Coin Adjustment

THANKS .........

DM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak......

Whatever you have written are indeed Value Categories.........created by some one. If you need you can use these.....

what you have to do actually is that you first find out the way client wants to track the cost.....e.g. he will say i need labor cost (internal as well as external as separate one), material cost (indigenous as well as imported as separate one), external services etc.

Then in this case you can use the Value Categories that are already there & define the new ones that are not there. Then in Customizing you have to assign the respective cost element to the relevant value category.

This will help you in viewing the cost incurred during maintenace in a maintenance order - costing tab from value category point of view. You can further go in detail.

Hope this will help you.......

Regards...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no default value category. Means there are no preset value categories.

You have to define cost elements for your manpower (labour ?) and assign all those cost elements to a cost element group and assign that to a value category. Possibly in your case to value category ' Labour" listed in your posting is the right one.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add there can be Internal Labor as well as External labor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One point I missed in my previous post:

The list you detailed in your post is more like a list of cost ements. You can assign a value cetegory to each of this item. But it will be self defeating sine the very purpose of value categories is classification and consolidated reporting. Hence you may like to group together all the material cost elements like Ind & Imp etc. into one value category. Similar grouping for other cost elements unde value categories is recommended.

This will make profitability analysis and other reporting much more manageable and meaningful.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...............

I only need to to know at w/c value category Man power cost will reflect?? plz tell me the description..........

Thanks

DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Value categories is a classification used in Controlling (CO) for product costing and CO-PA. Reporting in FI is done using GL codes whereas in CO it is achieved using cost elements or cost element groups and/or value categories. In a typical CO scenario, value category represents a cost element group (similar cost elements grouped together for better reporting). Material consumption (cost elements representing raw materials semifinished materials, trading goods etc.), fixed overheads, variable overheads, energy consumption etc. could be typical examples of value categories.

Hope this answers your query.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are not the default value categories. Its should be like that labour, material, external service etc. Create the different cost elements and assign those cost elements to the value categories.

BR

Manoj