cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P.O. Release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have one Release strategy for P.O., say S1, with characteristics 1. Doc. type and 2. Net order value. This is working fine.

New requirement is to add other characteristics 3. pur. group and 4. plant. I have created these new characteristics and assigned to old class only. New release strategy is defined, say S2 and values for all 4 characteristics are given, with seperate release group. This is also working fine.

But the problem is.. after creating new strategy as explained above, old strategy (S1), is not working. In S1, classification tab, values for new characteristics (pur. group and plant) are not entered as client wants the old strategy without these characteristic values only.

Can any one plz suggest the reason for not getting the release strategy for S1 combination?

Can we add new characteristics for new strategies and leave those values as blank in old strategies? (client's requirement).

or is it possible to delete new characteristics (not only values - complete characteristics) in old strategies?

Please suggest me the correct solution.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Gopi Chand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

You seem to have done every step correct.

Plz check and make sure you assign all the Release codes to New Release group and set up new Release strategy. Confirm your results.

Thanks,

PNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks to all for your valid suggestions. As suggested by Mr. Laxman, because of leaving the new characteristic values as blank, system is not picking up the old Release strategy. But new Release strategy is working fine since values for all 4 characterisitcs are maintained. ( New release group is assigned to new release strategy. Also, old strategy was checked for simulation and tested by creating a new P.O. But it was not working.).

So, how to overcome this problem? The client does n't want values for new characteristics(plant & Pur. group) in old strategy.

Any body has faced this situation? If so, how it was resolved? Kindly share the experience.

Or can we delete the new characteristics in old strategy?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gopi Chand

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can defactivate the release strategies at CL24N transaction,and check your scenario wheter it si picking the old one if it is working fine then No issue.

if not please let meknow.

If any problem comes please let me know iam also gone through all these problems in my recent project. I will reply in detail in the evening.

Regards,

batchu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I could not do any thing in CL24N. There is no option to delete characteristics from old strategy.

Also, requirement is not to deactivate the old strategy. Old strategy should remain same, with out characteristic values for new characteristics.

If any more suggestions are there, kindly share.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopi Chand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as i understood your client requirement,he don't want the New charecterstics in the old strategy,so you made new Strategy with new charecteristics.

Now the system is picking the new strategy,and it is working fine.

IF you don't want the new strategy go to CL24N enter the Class and the class type(032) click on change button,it will display all the strategies that are present in the system about release strategy.Here you can activate by making status as 1(reelased) and deactivate by making status as 3(incomplete).

If your charecteristics in the Old and new strategy are same except some additional values in the new strategy you can make the status as 3 for the new strategy, as a triel & error and check whether system is picking the old strategy.

If it is ok then (after activating the newstrategy and deactivating the old strategy) keep the new charecteristics blank(that you don't want)in the new strategy and check the system is picking the new strategy.

with this you can come to know that system is picking the right strategy which ever you are lookng for.

keep one thing in mind that make the PO with the suitable data for the strategy which ever yiou are looking for.

Still you have any confusion please let me know.

Regards,

Batchu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopichand,

For more details of release strategy you may search in my postings...

related info may help you -

Jerlyn Bondoc

Questions: 5

Forum points: 0

RElease Codes triggerd without configured.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:26 AM Reply E-mail this post

Hi,

There are two release codes maintained in the release strategy. Problem is, when creating a PO usimg the conditions of that release strategy there are 3 release codes comes out, considering I maintained only two release codes. I checked the setting and no erorr found in the configuration.

Please help me to determine the solution of this issue. Your help is relly appreciated.

Regards,

Jhe

Lakshman Iyer

Questions: 4

Forum points: 588

Re: RElease Codes triggerd without configured.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 4:25 PM in response to: Jerlyn Bondoc Reply E-mail this post

Please check if the 3rd release code was created earlier and deleted. Sometimes the deletion is not properly done and it still remains in the system.

Lakshman

Gopala Turaga

Questions: 10

Forum points: 868

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 4:34 PM in response to: Jerlyn Bondoc Reply E-mail this post

Hi,

This is not "Unusual" in my experience. With no exaggeration, I can say, not below 50 such recurring issues I addressed so far.

How it happens? -

When release strategy are setup and started using, during maintenance, the individuals changing the config should be very Logical. I mean, for some reason, if some release strategies have to be modified, the path should be exactly opposite to how it is setup.

For example, to configure first time a release strategy, all we would do is -

1) Create a Release Group

2) Create Release Code

3) Create a Release Indicator

4) Then, setup Release Strategy

5) Work flow.

While modifying, we have to do exactly in the opposite way...

Say, for example, I have to delete a Release code....I have seen 99% of consultants go wrong...Simply they go to step# 2 straight away and select the Release code and delete.

What happens, then? -

It gives us an impression that it has deleted the release code successfully. Some times, like in your case now, from the screen area of configuration in the next step say#4, you may see release code is deleted as well. You will be satisfied. However, it still, may be lingering in the tables. I figured it out proactively when first time encounted this issue. Later it has become a cake walk. After a couple of months, I have seen SAP has released a OSS note exactly the same way how I thought and did....

From the technical name of each field of this configuration area of release strategy, find out the table name. Go to SE16 and if you find those entries (which are not there in configuration), simply delete those entries from there. SE16 may not be open for deleting the entries. The way you could do is...

Reconfigure those additional entries appearing in the tables, agin in the release strategy configuration. This time, delete the entries exactly in the opposite way as explained above. You will see those entries are deleted in the tables too...

This is the only way you can fix it.

Just wanted to share my experience, to help you come out of such major headache!! please ignore if your problem there is some thing totally different.

Regards

Jerlyn Bondoc

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 9:31 AM in response to: Jerlyn Bondoc Reply E-mail this post

Hi,

Yes you are correct I've just chaged the release code.

May i know the table that i need to check? Are these tables T16FK, T16FS, T16FC and T16FG? I checked these tables and there are no excess data which not needed in release strategy.

Please help me for this issue, until now the release code not configured coming out when doing PO under this release strategy.

Thanks,

jhe.

w1n

Questions: 6

Forum points: 1,534

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 9:41 AM in response to: Jerlyn Bondoc Reply E-mail this post

Dear Jerlyn,

Maybe you can try to refresh the PO data by change the puchasing group or delete and undelete again. Maybe you still use the old PO document.

Regards,

w1n

Jerlyn Bondoc

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 11:45 AM in response to: Jerlyn Bondoc Reply E-mail this post

Dear W1n,

I tried your suggestion still I encountered the error.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Jhe

w1n

Questions: 6

Forum points: 1,534

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 12:55 PM in response to: Jerlyn Bondoc Reply E-mail this post

Also check to Config :"Check Release Strategies", see if there's any inconsistency in the release strategy.

Balaji Genupur

Questions: 31

Forum points: 28

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 2:05 PM in response to: w1n Reply E-mail this post

Hi ...

Whatever Gopala said was perfect recently i encountered a similar Probelm and i did the same as he advised. Do one create a Complete Release Strategy

procedure for that release code and create some PO affecting it , and then start

deleting it. First try removing the Values in Cl24n and start doing the Reverse way as Gopala advised.

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you leave blank values in classification, system will pick up the old release strategy only if the corresponding values are blank in the PO. For e.g. if you have purch group as blank in the classification, this strategy will be picked only if PO purchasing group is blank.

So you cannot add new characteristics and leave it blank in the old ones.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi...

Creating of New Release Strategy is fine, it shd not cause any probs. After u created S2 did u get a chance to check S1 with release simulation and see whether release is possible, and try to create a new PO totally and check it out..

Regards

Balaji