cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW () Date Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to display data from today's date to i.e. 26.11.2007 with the end date 31.12.9999.

Can someone give me the formula for the data format NOW() or show me how to display the data another way thanks!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Stuart,

now problem, everybody has to learn it first.

If the data type is "Date", use "equals date" and then set "12.31.9999".

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

So:

BEGDA is "Start Date"

ENDDA is "equals date 31.12.9999"

Is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

ok now I understand your requirements. You can do it like Thomas described it with the filter element (use the correct format for the date). If you have a lot of values you can improve your performance, when you implement your filter in the abap rfc fm.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Stuart,

put a filter after your data provider and set the filter end date = 31.12.9999. If you do this you get the actual data set fot the org assignment of the user. After that you can display your data in a form for example

kinds regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas

As you can guess I'm a newbie with VC.

What does the code look like for the filter?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this document, will help you...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/63f340e8dd8431e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

assign points, if its useful..

Regards,

Senthil K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reply, it's not that clear!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart,

You can use any text function with NOW() to display the current date. For example- i have used LEFT(NOW(),15) to display the same.

Regards,

Ankit

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Ankit, not sure I understand.........

What does the 15 mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart,

The text function <b>Left(text, len)</b> returns the substring beginning on the left and having specified length. So 15 is the lenth of my string. You can use a number of your choice instead of 15 and get the desired output.

Regards,

Ankit

PS: Now that you have got the format to display current sys date, please close the thread and mark it as solved.

Also rewarding points is not a bad idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again

Last question before rewarding points and closing thread if a person has several records how do I display the current record?

Will it be the method above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

which records? Are the records stored in an ABAP system? Then you can search the current record via ABAP rfc function module and return this record to VC. Otherwise you can use SQL statements to do this.

If you provide us with more information, I will try to help you.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel.

I'm looking at R/3 Infotype 0001 Org Assignment and would like to display the current record only, not the history.

I have a custom BAPI that brings through the dates etc.

So I need to make sure that the date format is configured to show current date. Can I set the date in the 'Control Properties->Display->Label (Start Date & End Date)->Formula.

Then enter a Formula in the Dynamic Label. So not sure what I need to enter to display the record required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

I don't understand your question. I'm sorry. You need a formula to display the actual date or time? Or do you need the actual date resp. time as input for your BAPI?

If I understand you, you need it as input. In most cases a BAPI use the internal date format, therefore you can use a formula in VC using the left and right text functions or you can do a conversion in your backend. Create a new ABAP rfc function module, which calls first the conversion exit and then pass the data to your BAPI and then return the record.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

Basically the BAPI I am using bring back several date records and all I want to do is display the current record.

I don't require any inputs, it's just to display the latest record.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Stuart