Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WebDynpros Navigation for ABAP development

I need to call a Webdynpro from another Webdynpro and remain in the same window. I am developing everything only with ABAP, because there is no Netweaver software available at my working place.

There are some threads about this topic but any of them has a solution for my problem.

I have tried outbound plugs calling a URL and the function NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE. In both cases, after the button has been released the page does not change.

The NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE maybe is not working because of the "target" field. Despite I have tried a lot of combinations, I'm still not sure about what exactly is needed.

From what I read in some places, it seems that needs to be created an iview to use this function, but I have only find iview creation instructions for Netweaver. How it works without it?

The only successful way that I find to call another WD from a WD has been with the element 'linktoURL'. If I pass it the new WD URL, when the button is released the old WD launch a new web browser window with the other WD. Unfortunately, this is not a valid solution because a new window is created.

The address of the WD's I want to call is always like:

http://sapcr1.intranet.gasnatural.com:8035/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/"myWDaplication"

When this problem will be fixed, next steep will be passing parameters between the two WD. NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE seem to support this functionality but because I am not able to link the two WD, I cannot be sure if it will work.

Thanks in advanced!

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question