cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP - Sender File Adapter - Exactly Once In Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SP10 on PI7.0

I have a file (FTP - content conversion) to idoc scenario and this works well apart from the communication channel picking up the files in the wrong order.

I have set to Exactly Once In Order, and the nuemrically file is being picked up in the correct order, however we wish to pick the file up by time and date stamp.

If I flag the Adapter Specific Message Attributes - and Source File Time Stamp, will this then process the files by timestamp instead of by File name?

How else can we get the files to process by time created?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Barry,

Same problem here. Did you figure out a alternate?

I am thinking of writing a OS script but do not like that option.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi barry,

wont setting the processing sequence of files to 'By Date' help?

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> hi barry,

>

> wont setting the processing sequence of files to 'By

> Date' help?

>

> regards,

> latika.

I cannot find this on the Sender File Adapter - sounds like what I am after...

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mite be having the processing sequence of files 'By name' rite now due to which it mite be picking up in alphabetic order.

make it 'by date' it will pick up according to time stamp.

refer this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

regards,

latika.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but this option is valid for NFS transport protocol

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

● Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS))

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

○ By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

○ By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> I have a file (content conversion) to idoc scenario and ....

cud not make out from this whether it is ftp or nfs )

so is it ftp in ur case barry? if yess then this is not the solution

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have updated the original topic to FTP.

Otherwise I would never have posted the question

Former Member
0 Kudos

)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As checked till now sender FTP process the files in ascending order. Not sure if shell script could be of help. Kdly Do post us on the solution u had for acheving this task,.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi barry

how abt the option of adapter module do the trick for reading the file based on timestamp (sender file adapter, dynamic file name) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu

We have gone live (as this worked in testing), so we cannot look to develop an adapter module (unless some can post the data here...)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>From the SAP Notes:</i>

The File Adapter allows you to configure the Processing Sequence of files for the Transport Protocol "File System (NFS)", which also determines the order for EOIO processing. Files can either be processed in ascending alphabetical order (Processing Sequence "By Name") or by their last modification time stamp (Processing Sequence "By Date"), where the oldest file is processed first. For the Transport Protocol "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)" files are <b>always</b> processed in ascending alphabetical order.

And writing a module is not possible at this phase of the project. Couldnt think of any other possibility.

Regards,

Prateek