cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing type java.lang.Object in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've developed an webdynpro application long time back and it was working fine then. Now, we are in phase-2 of the application and when i import the project structure in my NWDS SP16, I'm getting a weired error. The development envirnment is kept same.

The error that am getting is as follow:

<b>This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath)</b>

I've used some webservices in my project. Could any please tell me why I'm getting this error? Earlier, it used to work without error, but not now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335005
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Make sure that in NWDS->Windows->Preferences->Java->Classpath Variables->JRE-LIB -rt.jar is added.

if this doesn't help then add

<classpathentry kind="var" path="JRE_LIB" rootpath="JRE_SRCROOT" sourcepath="JRE_SRC"/>

in your .classpath file of Webdynpro project.

Best regards,

Sangeeta

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sangeeta,

Thanks for replying.

I tried what u've suggested but it doesn't work. Actually, I'm copying my existing project and its .classpath file already has <classpathentry kind="var" path="JRE_LIB" rootpath="JRE_SRCROOT" sourcepath="JRE_SRC"/>. But when i copy it to the local development workspace, the entry went off. I don't know why it is behaving like this?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhinav Sharma

former_member335005
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Try deleting the gen_wdp, bin folder and Rebuild you project again after adding the classpathentry.

Best regards,

Sangeeta

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

Thanks for ur reply. I tried it but it doesn't work for me.

I've then created a new webdynpro dc project and import a model and then add all the jar files that it contains to my project and then add the class variable JRE_LIB and bingo, problem solved.

Thanks once again for ur time and efforts.

Regards,

Abhinav Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

Right click the Project -> Repair ->Project Structure and classPath.

Hope this will help you.

regards,

Mithileshwar Sahu

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the first thing I've done. but no help. Still same problem.

Regards

Abhinav Sharma