cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E mail Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please guide me if we can send e mail through BLS ( XMII) with multiple selections in CC: option.

I tried searching in BLS E Mail Action Block but i couldn't find CC: option.

Please tell if this functionality can be provided.

All ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Ruchir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir,

You have the provision to set multiple addresses in the "To" field of the sendmail action block. You can utilize the same to achieve the functionality.

Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Musarrat ....

Please tell how can i include multiple entries in To:.

Are they comma seperated or semi colon?

Or how can i achieve it.

Is it possible to add CC: also along with To: block.

Thanking You in anticipation.

Ruchir

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are comma seperated.

I'm not sure if we really can add the cc field in the sendmail action block.

If you want to include cc field for sure then you can try writing a custom block for the requirement.

Hope it Helps,

Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Musarrat....

gd knwing it ...

wl, since i hav t use CC: option.

Can yu help me telling hw to create a custom block?

Any material , wld b of great help...

Thanks

Ruchir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir,

Although I've tried creating a custom block.Points for which I do not appreciate doing it.

-it is java thing. So it requires java knowledge (unfortunately I'm not good at it:-( )

-custom blocks are not officially supported by SAP. So on has to be very cautious in creating those things as it may create some serious errors in production.

Actually it is quite complex process and should be handled like a module in implementation.

Some people(including my teammate <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.sdn.businesscard.sdnbusinesscard?u=yn6bahpxniq%3d">rupesh</a>) are putting some material on SDN regarding it.

You can contact them regarding the same.

I Hope it helps.

Regards,

Musarrat

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree that staying true to product capabilities makes much more sense, especially from a supportability standpoint. My question - if you are planning on 'SPAM' mailing users from a BLS transaction, why would they care if they are in the To: or the CC: portion of the mail block?

I can appreciate that this may be coming from a customer 'requirement' but it is OK to respond back to them by saying that the product only offers the To: portion, not the CC: I can confirm that the SendMail block in version 12.0 is the same (To: only) as 11.5, so the customer could also request this feature enhancement for consideration in a future release or enhancement pack.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All...

I appreciate all your views / suggestions...

Thanks Jeremy ...Thanks Musarrat ...

Its been great hearing you..

Answers (0)