cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get full text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are creating message request using Help-> Create Support message .Short text which we are giving on the screen is not captured fully i.e we are able to give 55 characters but what is being fetched in the report(transaction crm_dno_monitor) is only 40 characters .How can I get all 55 characters .One option is to create a z logical database and change the field domain to 55 characters .But that is a very lengthy proceess because there are so many tables needs to be changed for achieving this .Is there any other option available for this .

Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

Short Text is picked up from TABLE CRMD_ORDERADM_H in field description.

There the field length itself is 40...

So even if you change the LDB and increase the length, it would not serve your purpose...

What You need to do is look up values in table BCOS_PROT...

This field has the long text in 60 Char....

So you will to follow again the same process as i mentioned in this thread:

ie Append structure and implement that BADI and then Look up table BCOS_PROT in Satellite or SOLMAN and get those values..

If tickets are logged in R3 Sytem, then you need to look up Table BCOS_prot in R3 system by establishing an RFC connection.....

If tickets are logged in SOLMAN Sytem, then you need to look up Table BCOS_prot in SOLMAN system by establishing an RFC connection.....

The logic is going to be complex, but is certainly Challenging...

let me know how it goes...

And Reward Points for usefull answer...

Regards,

Anand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

Thanks a lot .The problem is solved bu using that BADi and the table which u have told .I just had to assign it to some field in the standard structure .Is it advisable to create a z structure which has a field for 60 characters .Anyways right now the problem has been solved .

Regards

Saurabh

Answers (0)