cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP07 Portal iview could not be displayed from internet....Dispatcher...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We implemented a Web-dispatcher in order to open our portal to internet. We have succeeded too. Web-dispatcher listens to the requests coming from internet on port 60000 and forwards this request onto Portal system’s port 50000/irj/index.html. Up to here everything seems normal. But when we changed the address to view (or click on ivewe(s)’ link) then page of iview(s) could not be displayed, but blank. While this is happening the address in the address bar of the internet explorer changed to local address of the portal system (as if redirection in progress). As a result local address could not be resolved in the internet (not known) then page could not be displayed.

Contents of the web-dispatcher’s profile;

SAPSYSTEMNAME = WED

SAPGLOBALHOST = WebServerRack

SAPSYSTEM = 00

INSTANCE_NAME = W00

DIR_CT_RUN = $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)\$(OS_UNICODE)\NTI386

DIR_EXECUTABLE = $(DIR_CT_RUN)

#----

1. Accesssability of Message Server

#----

rdisp/mshost = portalt.teidom.local

ms/http_port = 8101

#----

1. Configuration for medium scenario

#----

icm/max_conn = 500

icm/max_sockets = 1024

icm/req_queue_len = 5003:41 PM 11/23/20073:41

icm/min_threads = 10

icm/max_threads = 50

mpi/total_size_MB = 80

#----

1. SAP Web Dispatcher Ports

#----

#icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=81$$

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=60000

#icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, TO=/irj/portal

icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, TO=/index.html

icm/HTTPS/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, TO=/irj/index.html

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a little unclear to me. Could you give us an example of an iview (and/or the respective URL) that does not work as expected?

Does HTTPS work? You did not assign any https-port as far as I can see, but you're trying to do https redirect from / to /irj/portal.

You say local addresses are returned to the browser, if I got that correctly, are these addresses of other systems like backend or are they pointing to the Portal Server?

Most likely problem as far as I can see is that not all the traffic that is initiated by actions in the portal is passed through the portal (e.g. you click something in the portal and receive a URL back that is pointing directly to your backend SRM-System).

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

At this point I need to make a correction that when you connect to Portal from local network by using internet address (www.tei.com.tr:60000) then the address in the internet explorer is changed to local address ‘portalt.teidom.local’ but when I connect to Portal system from internet then the address in the internet explorer is not changed. But the page comes to blank and with error message “ Session Management will not work! Please check the DSM log file for details. You can turn off this alert inside ‘Support Desk’ -> ‘SAP Application’ ”. In addition to above, when I do the same as above example with local address then it works fine… from this point of the subject that is clear something is wrong with the Web-Dispacther settings.

Actually we do not use HTTPS redirection. This parameter is ignored and not used.

We intended to open and use only Portal server in the internet. We have no steps that are requiring direct connection to other back-end servers. Therefore the address bar in the internet explorer is always pointing Portal server. For instance there is a special iview for LOTUS (Lotus mail interface integration) that iview one of them could not be displayed. I am getting some point in this and thinking of the codes, referring to LOTUS integration, has parameters for the connection referring to local address… would it be the case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The integration of Lotus could definitely be sending an absolute back-URL outside of the Portal. This seems a likely cause of the error.

Basically for your setup to work (as far as I understand it) you need to make sure that all URLs passed to the enduser are reachable. It may be that you need to introduce a regular reverse proxy into your setup that has more functionalities in this area than sapwebdisp. Things like URL-Re-writing might be required, but I must admit that my understanding of these details is limited. There's people round here who can help you more in these matters.

Regards,

Jörg