Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creation of PO

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We are presently in SRM 4.0 classic scenario. Recently we happened to notice a strange problem.

The Shopping cart after being approved is not getting converted to Purchase order. It goes into 'Error In Transmission' Status and the error message displayed in RZ20 is :

BBP_ADMIN 080 - Shopping cart & Purchase Order & ME218 External document number ( Po no.) already assigned.

When I checked up the Po no. and the current number active for reservation, I was quite suprised to note that the Po. no. generated was prior to that of the current reservation number showing in transaction BBNU ( current number range ).

Could anyone help me rectify this and the reason for the same occuring ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>When this error occurs ? Any short dump happens in this case.. (See transaction ST22 for more details) ?? If yes, please paste complete details in next reply..</u>

<u>Please through this -></u>

<b>Seems to some OSS Note is missing in either you R/3 backend or the SRM system -></b>

Note 841021 - Manual price entered disappears - error 06 218

Note 932236 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1: Purchase order price unit not transferred

Note 580225 - Purchasing BAPIs: Conditions and pricing

Note 853970 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1: Net price is not transferred

Note 571860 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1: Price is not transferred

Note 487605 - ME21N: 06 218 'Net price must be greater than 0'.

<b>Refer to these link as well for details.</b>

<u>

</u>

Do you have same currency code in ECC than in SRM ? Check the foll note, whether it helps. It talks about the same error while creating or changing PO thru BAPI's (SRM will call BAPI's for posting PO in R3).

Note 571860 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1: Price is not transferred

Hope this will help. <u>Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The issue came up due to Number range mismatch in both SRM & R/3.

Check the number ranges you have chosen for the follow on docs to be created in the back end and the local number ranges for the follow on docs of the shopping cart.

The issue comes up with Purchase order because the P.O uses same number both in SRM & R/3 unlike invoices and confirmations (GRs).

The number range you create for P.O in R/3 should be an external number range and a subset or the same number range to be maintained in SRM as internal number range.I think there is a mismatch here. Please check the number ranges once again and modify it according to the above guide lines.

Hope this resolves your issue. Clarifications are welcome.

Update the response for further help.

Rgds,

Teja

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks the problem was because of number range in the backend system. This has been corrected and the problem resolved.

Full points awarded !

Regards,

Rajesh