cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Sub-contracting Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had scenario in Sub-contracting, I’m purchasing the raw material from X vendor and send the same material to the sub-contracting vendor- Y for drilling the material. After receiving the Main Component (material) from the sub-contracting vendor- Y, we are doing the quality check. Now the material is in damaged, I want to send the damaged material to the X vendor (ie. To the purchasing vendor). How to do that?

Regards,

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will have to create a returns PO for the material u have recived form Y vendor and make a Gr for this returns Po

so that the stock of the materail recived for y vendor is reduced

and then pass credit not for this returns Po

u can creat returns Po by making tick mark in Po line in colums rerturns item

hope this helperd

Reward accordingly

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

What's your opinion about this:

You received materialB from vendor 'Y'. It is damaged > you can send back the goods via MVT 122 (component materialA that is purchased from vendor 'X' will go back by MVT 544 to vendor 'Y').

Then you can book materialA in MB1B from vendor'Y' to your plant and then from your site you can make a return delivery (MVT 122 refering to the original PO / or MVT 161 w/o PO ref.) and send the goods to your vendor.

Then you can get materialA of good quality from vendor 'X' and send it to vendor 'Y' and get materialB of good quality from vendor 'Y'

This process is when the damage is due to vendor 'X'. If the damage was made by vendor 'Y' you can apply process 1 and scrap materialA from the special stock of vendor 'Y' and ask them to pay for the damaged goods (you have to negotiate how to handle this issue).

What is the real physical process? We should know it to be able to give a good hint.

BR

Csaba