cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the schedulers programmatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement that we need to enable a scheduler in xMII from web page. If a user clicks a button on webpage then the scheduler that we have created should be enabled and the transaction should run at the specify intervals.

Is it possible?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible but we had a workaround while creating a training demo.

This is what we did.

-create a database at backend with a flag.

-in the transaction, check for the flag. If flag is 1 then execute the transaction, otherwise exit.

Here the scheduler is running all the time and the enable logic is set in the transaction itself.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

EUREKA........ I was just doing some R&D and stumbled across the following fact. I hope this will be very useful for your requirement.

In 11.5

all the schedulers are stored in \Lighthammer\Scheduler as an XML file.

you can load the XML file in logic editor and change the enabled value to true/false and then save it using XMLsaver.

This will definitely solve your problem...

Regards,

Musarrat

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This recommendation should NOT be followed - version 12.0 does not have the file system xml files for the scheduler and you should NOT hand edit or create configuration files other than by using the jsp editor pages that are accessible from the Menu.jsp.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (0)