cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing a graph where data comes from a web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I am a beginner in xMII and my requirement is to show a graph which gets data from a web service call. I am now able to get the data using data server and am able to build a graph.

But i couldn't find any information on how to consume data from a web service rather using a data server.

If you feel this is a very basic question send me some links. I tried to find but couldn't find any thing related to this.

Thanks,

Michael.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to consume web service output in BLS transaction as Rupesh said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Considering that you are calling the webservice in your BLS transaction, Here is how you could show the data coming from the Web service on the Chart.

1. Define one XML output property in your Transaction.

2. Use the xMII Document and configure it as per your needs (Define the columns that you want to display on the Graph).

3. After the webservice call, put one repeater and configure on the webservice output.

4. Use the xMII row Action block and configure that on the xMII document previosly created, and make the links in xMII Row Action with the out put of the Repeater.

5. Assign the xMII document xml content to the Output XML property.

6.Create a Xacute Query that calls this transaction, and use the Display template as per your needs

Hope this helps

Regards

Rupesh Bajaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I too just got the same idea of calling the web service in BLS transaction and working in that direction.

Hopefully, i will finish it successfully.

Thanks,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you please tell us about the scenario where you are trying to use the webservice? Are you doing it in logic editor or in webpage?

if you trying to consume xMII services in webservice and using third party tools to generate a graph then you can see this blog.

/people/abesh.bhattacharjee/blog/2007/08/27/use-xmii-services-in-adobe-flex-20-video

If you are trying to consume a web service in logic editor the this blog may help you in understanding the logic.

/people/abesh.bhattacharjee/blog/2007/03/12/send-sms-to-india-from-xmii-115

Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Musarrat,

My requirement is: I need to build a bar graph and the data that is to be given to this bar graph for plotting is obtained from a web service. Now i am plotting the graph by getting data using the SQL query in my query template.

Thanks & Regards,

Michael.