cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of line items in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is there a limit on the maximum number of line items that are permitted in a sales order?

Thanks,

Shailaja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the correct reply would be 999,999 because data type of item number POSNR is NUM 6, which means that it can hold upto value 999,999.

However, at the same time keep the following into consideration:

1. FI document has a restriction of 999 line items per document. So, depending on the account settings, there will be a lower limit. E.g. if each Sales order line item results in 2 line items in the accounting document, then the max. no. of SO line items is limited to 499.

2. If FI summarization is active, then the system summarizes the account postings, thus reducing the no. of FI line items. Hence, a SO can accomodate more than 999 line items. However, this means that certain line item level details will not be available to the Finance guys (which they may not like).

3. As the number of line items in a Sales order increases, the system performance suffers greatly. There are performance fixes available, but in general, it is painful to load a SO with large no. of line times through BDC's. 10 Sales orders with 100 lines each consume less system resources than 1 Sales order with 1000 lines.

0 Kudos

hi

At a once we can see only 13line items and pnly 13 items can be pasted from Excel. How to increase that amount.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

thank you very much for the information. I understand that the requirement can be met only through development.

regards,

sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maximum no of line items in SO is 499 as for every line item there will be 1 credit n 1 debit entry will be done in FI document and limit of one FI document is 999

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shailaja

As already said by other members, you can enter till 999 line items in sale order. But if you want to restrict in billing, the same can be done.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IN ECC 6.0 U CAN ENTER 99999.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In SAP the max limit to a line item would be 999, there is nothing we can do about this, so you cannot have more than 999 Partner functions and there is no user exit also for this.

CHAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is not possible with out some development .

Please check the tread below this will help.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailaja,

I think There is No Limit in the sales order for the line items to be permitted.

former_member712038
Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard it is 999999

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is 999

If I'm not mistaken this is hard coded and that is mainly because of the FI integration when posting GI. The max number of items in accounting documents is 999 and as far as I remember there's no standard way to increase it.