Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVE INNNn to I0008 not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to an Upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6.0.

In one of the enhancement done we were using the statement Move innnn to i0008.

Now this statement gives the following syntax error.

" I0008 and INNNN are not mutually convertiable. In unicode programs, I0008 must have the same structure layout as INNNN , Independent of the length of the character ".

I tried using move corresponding statement but thats not working. Its not giving any syntax error but the values are not getting transfered from INNNN to I0008.

Please Suggest the solution.

Regards,

Vidya.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

did you check the field names in INNNn and I0008 structures. check that once and write MOVE statements for each correspoding filed. it will work.

My assumption is fieldnames are not matching.

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try moving component by component

0 Kudos

Hi All,

If we look at the structure of INNNN and I0008 both are different . Infacct INNNN contains the values of screen element in PA30 changes. Now we are moving the values from INNNN to I0008 .

The INNNN have few fields of length 256 and type char, where as the infotype I0008 does not have any field of lenth 256. The MOVE statement was moving the content of this field to more that one field of infotype I0008.

Now in ECC 6.0 its giving the error.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vidya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check both the tables are of same type, i.e, both should be with headerline or without headerline. If there is a mismatch, such type of problems do occur.

Regards,

Vani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moving the content one by one.

0 Kudos

use field symbol.

field-symbols:<fs1> type any.

assign innnn to <fs1>.

move <fs1> to i0008.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra