cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is file to RFC, i need to update SAP data using File To RFC scenario. When i test the RFC at R/3 side it is updating header data and item data perfectly. But when do it in XI using File to RFc it is updating only item data but not the header data. Can any body suggest me what might be the reason, i have imported RFC recently again but still getting the same problem. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one please provide the inputs. What might be the possible reasons for not updating the header data using XI.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one pls suggest the possibilities it's urgent.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cany any one suggest the list of possibilities for getting such type of problem.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

some points for u to recheck:

• has the rfc been changed recently/ if yes reimport the metadata. if u have already done that its advisable to refresh the cache.

• recheck ur mapping.

• carefully check the xml going out of xi in sxmb_moni and not just message mapping

• try executing the rfc with <i>exactly the same inputs</i> as u are providing thru file.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Latika,

• has the rfc been changed recently/ if yes reimport the metadata. if u have already done that its advisable to refresh the cache.

I have imported recently and refreshed the cache also.

• recheck ur mapping.

checked it

• carefully check the xml going out of xi in sxmb_moni and not just message mapping

i have checked in sxmb_moni it is showing correct.

• try executing the rfc with exactly the same inputs as u are providing thru file.

i have tried it and updating the header data as well as item data successfully.

Thanks for the information and need some inputs from every one.

Regards,

Venakt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is urgent pls help any one.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i already informed in R/3 system the RFc is updating the header and item details perfectly but whn i use it in xi sencario it is updating only item data not the header data and i have imported the RFC recently and tried but getting the same results. Inside RFC i am not using any stand bapi i have written bdc to update those 2 fields so there is no problem with the commit bapi. Kindly suggest possible reasons.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u r writing BDC code then u shd use commit work as sometimes table entries get locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i have used commit work in the code and in the RFC adapter i have used commit option still the header data is not updated. Kindly usggest.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

can you check it is a problem of commit BAPI.

check your data is updating in SAp System after commiting the BAPI or there is no requirment of Commiting the BAPI.

if it a problem of commit BAPI so there is an option in Communication channel, commit BAPI, check that option.

hope thiis will help

regards

HONEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

1) Could you give some more information ...what do you mean by header and item data here in this context.

2)>>>>>>>>But when do it in XI using File to RFc it is updating only item data but not the header data.Its not clear....

With Regards,

Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidya,

I am trying to update purchase order data using this RFc, When i try to update the PO data in R/3 system using the RFC it is updating the data perfectly the field IHREZ at header level and ITTEMTEXT at item level. But if do the same thing using XI it is updating only ITEMTEXT but not the IHREZ. Kindly Suggest.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check out your mapping program. Also check out output XML. Check that it is having correct data or not. I think if source file is having proper data then might be your mapping program is not correct.

-Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gouri,

In message mapping when i test it with data is arriving correctly to RFC, but when i execute it it is only updating item data but not the header data. In SXMB wheni check the xml data of RFC it is correct and the data is also correct. If really there is any problem with the mapping program then should not arrive to RFC in message mapping when i test it. Please orrect me if iam wrong.

Every body's inputs are needed.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I wanted to say is the XML after mapping that is from step Request Message Mapping should be correct. If that is correct then we can say the XML or data going out of XI is correct. And then we can have look at RFC.

If this XML is correct then I think there is some field name miss match. Just confirm once again that imported and actual RFC structures are same. Including field names and field lengths.

-Gouri