cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise group and series.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody answer why we create separate excise group and series. In my scenario, I hav created separate excise group for Domestic sales, Export sale and subcontracting also. Should i create another group and series for Stock transfer scenario?

Please reply urgent

Thanks

Inder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks laxmi...

I want to know whether i separate series group is necessary for stock transfer or i can use domestic series group also... My stock transfer is between same company codes..

Regards

Inder

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Inder

Yes you can certainly have one series group both for stock transfer and domestic sales.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear inder ,

Creating a seperate sr.gp. will offer you chance to maintain the seperate document series for it . which would provide clear visibility from legal point of view.

( it may not be necessary check out with excise process head. )

The thumb rule for no. of "Sr.gp." is number of outgoing document .

i.e. domestic sale ,export etc.(on which basis you can determine different excise document with different no. renge. )

karnesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Inder

You can have one excise group per plant but multiple series groups per excise group.

You have indicated that you h ave created separate excise groups for Domestic, Exports and so on and I feel it is not necessary to do so. Instead of that you have one excise group and create series groups based on these like one series group each for domestic, exports and stock transfer.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi