cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM / Deploying Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am totally new to SAP and I am trying to deploy

the sample first J2EE , in the preview version of netweaver.When I try to deploy the tutorial application I have SDM problems.

My J2EE engine seems to be runninng because when I look at my J2EE view in NDS the server and despatcher are green but SDM is Red.

It also asked me for a password for SDM.

I would like to deploy a simple servlet with a JSP after I have made the simple example work

What is SDM ?

Where can I find the password for it ?

How do I start it ? ( I have tried usining SAPMMC and enabling the SDM process)

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donncha,

First of all welcome to SDN.

SDM means Software Deployment manager. It is standard tool that you use to install J2EE components on the SAP J2EE Engine. The SDM is a client/server application. The SDM Server runs on the SAP J2EE Engine side. This server is started automatically with the J2EE Engine.

When you are creating the J2ee Application you have to create a "Enterprise Application Project". I assume that you have done this. When you deploy this .ear to J2EE engine it will ask for SDM password this means that you have correctly set the server name. You can chek it in:

Preferences -> SAP J2EE Engine ->(SAP J2EE engine is installed on Remote Host). Here you will see the server value set and the Message Server Port.

The SDM Server recognizes only one user, the SDM administrator. Anybody who has the password of this user can perform any activity in the SDM (such as deployment and undeployment). So you need this password. This you must have set while installation of SDM Server. So just use that Password.

I think that will definately work. All the best.

Reagrds

Pravesh

PS: Please consider Awarding Points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answere , I think I have given you some points , I selected a radio button for helpful answere, is this enough.

I installed the preview vesion of netweaver this was an automatic process and at no point did it ask me for a password, do you know where I can find this password?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just pass lower case 'sdm' as the password for SDM.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravesh,

I am going to use SDM for the first time and I am using it to install 2 business packages ESS BPERP4ESS0 and MSS BP_ERP4MSS0_2. I have installed bp's in the past on the portal using System Administration -> Transport -> Import. How does using the SDM differ? Is there any documentation on this?

Thanks

Ron

Answers (0)