cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP IMPORT phase is slow in ECC 6.0 installation on Solaris 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I installed ECC 6.0 on Solaris 10 operating system and Oracle 10.2.0.2. I installed all solaris patces and Oracle interim patches before the installation. Firstly I added only 2 parameters in /etc/system file. This parameters like this: "set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0xffffffffffffffff" ,"set rlim_fd_cur=8192". Then I started the installation. When the system check the parameters I have medium warning about set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0xffffffffffffffff .After that I didn't restart the solaris machine and recheck the parameters.After I removed this parameter I didn't have any warning and I started the installation. Everything was ok. I don't have any error about installation. The processes are continueing but now ABAP import is very very slow. Only 5 processes finished from 38 in ABAP IMPORT phase in 14 hours. Is it normal? Why this step is very slow? What can I do to increase this step? If I add "set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0xffffffffffffffff" again when processes is running, does this step accelerate? If I change the /etc/system parameters do I have to restart the solaris machine? What can I do to resolve this problem?

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/etc/system is no more valid on Solaris 10, you need to create a project file and assign the SAP users to that project.

See note 724713 - parameter settings for Solaris 10

--

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I create new project according to sap note 724713 and I resolved the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif

<i>Only 5 processes finished from 38 in ABAP IMPORT phase in 14 hours. Is it normal?</i>

No, this is not normal. As far as i know, it is possible to set a parallel degree in sapinst. Of course this needs more hardware ressources. Did you do that?

To further diagnose your problem, you should check cpu and disk usage. It would be interesting which are the top processes running. Either your system is too slow, or some ressource is a bottleneck.

Regards

Michael