cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

what is STOCK MAINTANANCE in physical inventory. what is its role in physical inventory.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am adding few points here:

"STOCK MAINTANANCE": Any missing or stolen material in the plant may occur, so to equalise book record and actual stock in the plant , you can use Physical inventory.You can count the physical inventory & enter the actual quantity. Then you can select between either write off or post to inventory difference account. The process is available in Physical Inventory section.So as we are maintaning stock by using phusical inventory the term may be used "STOCK MAINTANANCE".

You can maintain the reason for movement at movement type level.You can create a reason code for posting differences because of stolen/missing goods.

When settling the inventory differences, you can select the reason code as Stolen/missing from stores/plant and post the document.It will keep the record with reasons.

T.code -(MI01) Create physical inv mangmt,

T.code-(MI04) Inventory count ,

T.code-(MI07) post inv diff and give the reason .

Hope will be helpful and then reward.

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi Raina

Physical inventory is the process used for matching your book stock with physical stock.

I have never heard about Term like "STOCK MAINTANANCE". Experts pls correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Rajesh