cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'm new to RFID,and very eager to learn about it.I got some details about RFID from Carlson(Very helpful).Can any one tell me what should I know before working or learning RFID.It"ll be very helpful for me.

Regards,

Prashanth K.R,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

RFID is a rather large topic and there are many resources available on the web. I'm going to suspect you have looked at these so is there something specific you need? You can always go to sap.com/rfid for SAP related information, but each vendor of RFID software and hardware has material on the subject as well. Is there a reason you are interested by the way?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I was intrested in this new technology,because my qualification was related to these kind of things(ECE graduate).Anyway can u tell me whether we need basic knowledge on SCM and is it only used in SCM?Do I need to know ABAP Programming related to hexadecimal(I think it is important) and any other thing else?

Waiting for your reply.

cheers,

Prashanth K.R,

timmotter
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

RFID has applicability across the spectrum of industries and processes. Personally, anything of value that needs to be tracked across either its lifespan (or part of it) or across its supply chain, can take advantage of RFID. You can see this in aerospace with respect to airplane parts, pharmacueticals with respect to ensuring the pedigree of mfg, recall, or tracing of a drug, and of course in the supply chain. I'm not sure of your question since I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you planning on programming a solution around RFID to be used in conjuntion with SAP's solutions?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I realize that your post is somewhat dated and that you have already probably found a suitable answer. If you haven't, I thought I would offer up the <a href="/people/steve.winkler/blog/2006/05/03/an-introduction-to-rfid to RFID blog post</a>that I've written as entry level material.

Cheers,

Steve

Ps. If you have received a satisfactory answer, please assign the points to the poster with the best answer and close the topic. Thanks...

Message was edited by: Steve Winkler

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I'm glad Tim jumped in so quickly. Thanks, Tim.

John is on a "baby break" but if you would like some further SDN input concerning RFID see Sheng Wang's excellent blog series:

Weblogs about SAP RFID Scenario Installation,there are three parts.

Part I :RFID Scenario Installation-Preparation

/people/shang-ling.jui2/blog/2005/08/09/rfid-scenario-installation-preparation

Part II :RFID Scenario Installation-Installation

/people/shang-ling.jui2/blog/2005/08/17/rfid-scenario-installation-installation

Part III:RFID Scenario Instllation-Configuration

/people/shang-ling.jui2/blog/2005/08/28/rfid-scenario-installation-configuration

cheers,

Marilyn