cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver career!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I'm B.Tech fresher with good academic record. I want to secure job in SAP field. Some people are suggesting me to learn abap and some ppl are suggesting netweaver. Which one has more demand and which one would pay higher salary?

What is Netweaver concerned about?

Pls clarify me..

Thanks,

Mahathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallika,

With your words, i assume you that you should be still more clear about SAP, I don't know weather some body gave you the information about SAP or on your own, by reading elsewhere.

Make sure you do not confuse with ABAP and Netweaver, because ABAP is a language and Netweaver is a platform.

Let me get you something about SAP what you need to know before you step into SAP world.

<b>SAP is an ERP Package.

It has different releases and versions.</b>

<b>• R/2 – Two Tire Architecture.

• R/3 – Three Tire Architecture.

• ECC

• Netweaver

• In Netweaver XI, EP, MDM, KM</b>

In all these Releases and versions, there is a roll to play for all the Consultants.

<b>There are three Consultants in SAP.

• Technical Consultant.

• Functional Consultant.

• Techno functional Consultant.</b>

<b>Technical Consultant:</b> It has two Consultants they are, ABAP Consultant and Basis Consultant.

<b>ABAP Consultant:</b> Developers/Programmers using ABAP Language (SAP own Language).

<b>BASIS Consultant:</b> SAP Administrators.

<b>Functional Consultant:</b> They have direct contact with the client, through them only projects enters into a company. They need to collect the requirement of the Client and explain the process to the Technical Consultants, to get the project finished. There are large number of modules available.

<b>Techno Functional Consultant:</b> They do posses both the Programming and Functional knowledge.

If you have good knowledge in programming, you could choose ABAP.

If you have good knowledge in administration, you could choose BASIS.

If you have good knowledge in Executive and command over your speech you could choose Function.

For ladies ABAP and Function Consultant profession suits allot.

If you have any doubt or any further clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mallika,

Please close the thread if your question has been answered.

Bye

Ankur

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mallika,

Have a look at the following links:

/thread/122598 [original link is broken]

/thread/352079 [original link is broken]

All these threads will give you a good insight as to what all you have in front of you when we talk about Netweaver....

Bye

Ankur

Do reward points for helpful as well as solved answers!!