cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of System id value in a BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway of knowing which system or the SAP system id, the BPM is running on (ex: DEV, TST, PRD) based on context object or any other container variable. If so, how can I access this information.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Parimala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parimala,

yes you can use context objects:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6e/ff0bf75772457b863ef5d99bc92404/content.htm

how to get them fomr the mapping (take a look at my weblog):

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/02/25/simple-java-code-in-graphical-mapping--xi

if you're using idocs then you have those values in edi_dc40 segment (sender port, receiver port) which are sap sid numbers

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I still do not see System id or host id where the BPM is running. All reference seem either the sending or the receiving party. Can you point to a specific context object.

Ex:

MF1 -> XI0 -> MF2

Where MF1 is the sending and MF2 is the receiving and my BPM runs on XI0 or XC0 or XP0. I need that specific info whether it is XI0 / XC0 or XP0.

Can you help.

Thank you,

Parimala

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried SENDER_SERVICE and receiver_service?

regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for a quick response. I will try now and will let you know of the outcome.

Thanks,

Parimala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I tried with SENDER_SERVICE and RECEIVER_SERVICE and each time I get "null" return.

I tried "INTERFACE" just to see if this was doing anything at all and I got "null" again. I'm accessing context via mapping.

I had to run a true test (end to end) since running in mapping test results in TEST_SenderService because of no access to directory stuff. Because the code does not return syntax error, should be ok, right?

This is my code....do you see any issues with it.

Under Imports, I have nothing. Is that OK. I'm thinking all libraries are standard anyway.

String constant;

java.util.Map map;

map = container.getTransformationParameters();

constant = (String) map.get(StreamTransformationConstants.INTERFACE);

return constant;

So still not sure how to access XI system info - either system id or host.

Thank you for you time and effort.

Parimala