Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message variant is missing in INBOUND IDOC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Any one can help on this issue?

The sender has confirmed that message variant was filled in outgoing file.

However, When we received this Inbound IDOC, the message variant is blank.

I still am confused by two questions:

1. The function module which insert record into table EDIDC and EDIDD, is same as the function module which post this IDOC to sap module(normally we maintained it in WE57)

2. We normally need to maintained in WE57, but also need create one processing code, what is relationship between WE57 and processing code(WE42)

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Anyone can help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

anyone can help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I also face the same issue that Yan Sui faced. Can any one help?

When the Message is sent from PI system, there is Message Variant (Message Code) but when it reaches SAP ECC, it disappers. The only difference between other IDoc and this IDoc is that, i can see two "64 " status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message Type/Message Variant needs to be maintained in WE20 ( Partner Profiles). In case of inbound IDOC ( receiving the data other systems) Data processing/posting will happens via function module. the function module will attach to the process code.

Process Code : The IDoc interface uses the process code to find the business process which controls the conversion of the IDoc into the SAP document.

The Process code will assign to the function module in WE42, the same function module will assign to the Message type and Idoc type in WE57

In a short summary, The Function module required to post the Idoc/update the data in SAP. However the Function module should process specific to the Message type and Idoc type only. It means the settings is required to identrify the correct function module to process the Inbound Idocs.

Whenever there is a problem with ALE setting the message 64 will trigger, it means the IDOC is ready to transfer to the application ( process through FM ). 

Thanks,

Kiran.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Everything is set properly.

But the issue is, only in rare case the IDoc is processed in the back groud by the program RBDAPP01. I am not able to figure out what causes it to be processed via the back ground job even though it was processed immediately (first 64 status). Other IDocs with same message type got processed with out any problem.

Moreover, the problem IDocs do not have the Message variant. SAP PI system sends the XML messge with the message variant. All other IDocs are received with Message Variant.  The issue happens only with the IDocs that does not have the message variant.

My IDoc follows the below status:

50 - IDoc Added

64 - No filters , No conversion , No version change

64 - Immediate Processing in Job"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

62 - Direct call started

51 - IDoc Failed due to error.

Please let me know if any one can help