cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA inputField change uppercase after context binding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a WebDynpro ABAP app. and in one view i have one input field that was bind with one context attribute of type char8.

when i introduce some text in the input field, after the context binding the value of the input field was translate to UPPERCASE in the context attribute.

somebody know how to avoid that the text introduced in one input field was translate to uppercase ??????

I use one input filed to get some user password and so the system translate the password of the user to upper case and so it was wrong.

thanks

diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The problem was in the type of the context attribute, it was defined like char8, i have changed the type of the attribute to XUNCODE, and now the value of the input field is NOT translated to uppercase.

thanks

regards

diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Hope by now you understood why this problem has come. Like when u have used the Data Element XUBCODE, the respective domain XUBCODE has the Lower Case property set to LOWER CASE.

That had solved your problem.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not finally understand that.

Does this work for any domain or just for domain XUBCode?

I like to store names for example and have defined those types derived from type CHAR 40. Does defining a domain over char 40 solve the uppercase-issue as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No actually the Domain should have a Lower Case check box ticked in the Domain Definition.

Thanks,

St

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah great! I asked that silly question because i simply didn't recognized the checkbox in the domain before.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Philipp

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information, now i have defined a zxuncode of length 8 because the standard xuncode has length 40..

best regards