Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load copy of abap table into PI/XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is as follows:

I need to make a lookup in an abap table to determine the receivers of incomming messages. Instead of making a RFC call to the SAP Backend System to request the data each time I would like to move a copy of the abap table into PI/XI.

Could anyone tell me how to do that and perhaps give me some links to relevant documentation.

Thanks.

Regards,

Morten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not an advisable practice to do this as it wuld increase the workload in XI. Lookup is the recommended. If u still insist check if the table is already avaiable in XI. If yes goto sm30 and give the table name and choose the option " maintain " . If the table is maintenance view is enabled u can copy the entires fro r3 and load into the table in xi box

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>his is not an advisable practice to do this as it wuld increase the workload in XI. Lookup is the recommended.

My point of view is, that you should look to the bottlenecks. A lookup from each mapping could be a bottleneck as well. If you have a great number of messages, but only a small number of receivers, which neednt be updated each 5 seconds, a copy of the R/3 table could be good alternative to a lookup.

Create a change pointer at the ERP (from S11 - table maintenance generator) table and transfer the whole table (if there are not too much entries), to have a simple algorithmus and to be shure that there are no inconsistence. You can create a seconc client at PI which is receiving the message as ABAP proxy, so you have a proxy -> proxy communication (good perfromance).

Regards,

Udo

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

Yes i totally agree to yor point. My view was in terms of having a heavy load in XI interms of receivers.

I had breif overview in one document by googling (unable to locate it now) which suggest the XI box should be avoided from too much of customization interms of building Z tables, creating reports etc which would aid real time scenarios.