cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO not create from SC with source of supply in classic sena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using SRM 5 (SP7 Server 5.5) with Classic scenario.

We customize the system that when SC have source of supply it have to

create PO automatic from the SC in the R3 system, the problem is that

when there is no info record for the material in the R3 system it

create "Purchase requisition", if there is an info record it create PO

in the R3 system.

We don’t wont to work with info record functionality and we will not

create info record for all the material he use.

Please your advice ASAP,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Teja,

First thanks for your quick help !

I have already customize in the “Cross Application Basic settings > Define objects to be generated in the back end system” that when there is Source of supply it will create PO in the R3 system, it mines when there is Vendor or Contract or Info it will create PO.

When I create SC to Material that don’t have Info Record but I fill in the line item in the SC vendor or Contract, it automatically create Preq and not PO, but if I create an info to the Material and chose in the source of supply a Vendor (not the Info) it will create a PO.

There is a problem so if a Material don’t have Info but have Source of supply as vendor or contract it not create PO just Preq.

I hope that it cleared now,

Please advise,

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>We have dealt with similar business requirement long back...</b>

Incase you want every shopping cart to be converted to always a Po.. you can implement ... You can use BADI to over-ride this standard behaviour..

<b>Use BADI - BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS in this case</b>

<u>Here is the detailed source code, which will solve your problem.</u>

METHOD if_ex_bbp_target_objects~determine_target_objects.

LOOP AT item_data INTO ls_item_data.
* Create PO instead of PReq for Zero Priced Item.
    IF ls_item_data-obj_to_gen = '2'. " Purchase Requisition
      ls_item_data-obj_to_gen = '3'. " Purchase Order
      MODIFY item_data FROM ls_item_data.
    ENDIF.
  ENDLOOP.
ENDMETHOD.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

I got your point.

But the issue here is what ever vendor you manually enter in the shopping cart will not be treated as an assigned vendor but only as a preferred vendor.

The Preferred vendor is not considered as an assigned or a fixed vendor so the data is incomplete even though you enter the vendor manually.

Thats why it is creating a P.R instead of P.O in the back end.

When ever a material has a contract or an info. record it gets displayed under the Source of supply tab of the line item from where you can choose inorder to make the SC complete. Only in such a case P.O will be made in the backend.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in resolving your issue.

Clarifications are welcome. Assign points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

I completely agree with Teja, Preferred vendor is not considered as an assigned or a fixed vendor . If u create SC with preferred vendors either it will create a PR at back end or it will go into purchaser's work list. (depends on Pcat sourcing settings). If you want to create a PO with this vendor directly w/o material master, maintain a vendor list for the product category , Purchasing organization and vendor combination. This should work definitly.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami Ben-Ami,

The P.O will get automatically created when ever there is an assigned source of supply and the information is complete in the shopping cart as informed by you based on the settings you made in SPRO.

SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Cross Application Basic settings > Define objects to be generated in the back end system

In that you maintain settings for a specific P.grp, Category I.D & source system for external procurement whether a P.R or a P.O needs to be created.

In case you choose Purchase order if item data complete otherwise P.R then the P.O gets automatically created in the back end if source of supply is assigned.

Source of supply is assigned is either through a Info. record or through a contract.

If there is no contract or info. record then there is no assigned vendor in SC and the data in SC is not complete so it will create a P.R in the back end.

Hope this makes you more clear and resolves your query. Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please go through this -></u>

<b>Please check the following SPRO settings in SRM system and try out.</b>

<u>SRM --> SRM Server --> Cross Application Settings --> Define Objects in Backend System --> go to external procurement and select the function from the drop down box</u>, ( Always PR or Always PO or always Purchase Requisition / Reservations).

<u><b>Related Links -></b></u>

Note 336658 - Purch req instead of purch order created in backend

<b>See other useful related links -></b>

<u>

Hope this will help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul