cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up the action "Create Solution in Solution Database"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The blog /people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-solution-database shows that a solution could be created in the SDB straight from the message view in Service Desk. But I don't have such an action in my SLFN0001_ADVANCED action profile and I can't find any predefined SDB-related actions.

How can I configure my Service Desk to be able to create symptoms and solutions from a support message? What are the technical names of the corresponding actions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalyia,

in SP12 the Solution Database actiites are in the Solution Manager IMG activities node. Before this SP you had to go into the CRM IMG node. Just go to SPRO, do a search for "Solution Database" and you will see it in the CRM node. The IMG instructions were very straight foward as long as you already have TREX setup.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry I just looked at the blog. The information I provided was in there. I know the setup was pretty easy when I did it, just a few IMG activities. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your prompt reply, Jason. I've completed the standard Customizing for the SDB, which is to be found in the IMG under CRM -> Enterprise Intelligence -> Solution Database. But I couldn't find anything about creation of solutions and problems out of service messages there...

I believe that the action should be added to the SLFN0001_ADVANCED action profile in order to be shown in the Service Desk, shouldn't it? Could someone please just take a look at his/hers SLFN0001_ADVANCED profile to see if the action "Create Solution in Solution Database" is amongst them and what its technical name is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalyia,

I had a look into our SolMan 4.0:

In the action profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED is an action SLFN0001_ADVANCED_SDB_CREATE (Create Solution in Solution Database) defined.

As far as I know, you have to implement at least SP-Stack 12 for SolMan to get this feature.

See the document "4.0 Support Package Stack 12" on the Service Market Place, service.sap.com/solutionmanager -> Media Library -> Technical Papers

Regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, probably it's because we're just on SP10, that's why the action is missing. Thank you, Marco!

Answers (0)